Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hannah's 1st road trip

We were excited and nervous to take Hannah on her 1st road trip over Memorial Day weekend. She did great! We visited my sister Melissa and her fam in St. George, and we had a fabulous time!

Friday night we got a late start, thanks to the fact that we packed everything but the kitchen sink--just in case Hannah might need it all. :) But the late start was a blessing because by then the roads were clear. And after fussing briefly, Hannah slept the entire way to St. George.

Highlights in pics:

On Saturday morning, we went on a beautiful hike/nature walk. Hannah's 1st hike!

Hannah slept through half of the hike.

Saturday afternoon, we went swimming--Hannah's 1st time!

Hannah wasn't sure what to think of so much water.

She seemed a bit nervous.

We tried the indoor pool, and Hannah seemed to like it a little better.

Hannah hanging with Scott and her cousins.

Hannah wasn't a big fan of all the noise.

All that swimming left Hannah pooped, so she took a nap with her daddy.

And she woke up in a great mood.

Hannah tried bananas for the 1st time and LOVED them!

After church on Sunday, we visited the temple--Hannah's 1st trip to a temple!

And we took a rare family photo. Cutie Hannah!

Monday Hannah enjoyed spending more time with her cute cousins, Mikayla and Katelyn.

And we were all entertained by crazy Kyler & cuckoo Rylan.

Melus & Braydon then prepared a delicious BBQ for us. Thanks for such a great weekend!

We didn't run into much traffic on our way home Monday afternoon, and Hannah did well again. We made a brief stop at Scott's aunt Lynda's house, as well as a fairly brief appearance at Scott's family BBQ. It was a fun weekend, and now we may dare to brave another road trip or two this Summer.

I also want to include a couple of pics I took today. I missed going to my grandpa's grave on Monday, but Hannah and I were able to go there today with my grandma.

Hannah & Grandma Meservy by Grandpa Meservy's grave.

A close-up of the headstone. I kind of love that you can see all of our shadows in this shot.

I'm grateful to all the brave men and women who have fought for the freedoms I enjoy! Thanks especially to my grandpas who fought in several wars and to my great uncle who died in WWII!

3 comments:

Elmer said...

Looks like a fun weekend! I need to plan some summer roadtrips. If you feel like going somewhere, let me know!

Sandy Brunson said...

Looks like a very successful trip. I'm excited to take Isaac swimming in Oregon in a few weeks. love the pictures of Hannah swimming!

MaryAnn said...

Glad to hear that Hannah's first road trip went well. It looks like you all had a good Memorial Day weekend!