Yesterday Hannah got her first haircut. We were running late for church already when I decided to do a quick cut. For a few weeks I had been thinking of cutting off her long comb-over hairs on the crown of her head, but I didn't really want to give her a haircut yet. However, I suddenly felt the urge to cut off the last of that long baby hair to save as a keepsake.
In case you don't remember, Hannah was born with lots of pretty, dark-brown hair:

I love this pic of Hannah looking relaxed.

And I love how pretty her hair looks in this pic.
A little over 2 months ago, Hannah started developing her daddy's pattern of baldness. :) All of her dark hair on top of her head suddenly fell out. But Hannah was much more fortunate than her daddy, and some pretty, light-blond hair has grown in in its place.
I took a couple of pics of the changes about a month ago:

You can kind of see her blond hair on top.

This is the best pic I have of her blond hair on top, awesome long comb-over hair at her crown, and darker hair still in back.
And the haircut:

Hannah didn't mind it at all. She has a new obsession with her tongue, and she keeps herself busy by constantly sticking it out. Adorable.

There really wasn't much long hair left, but it will make a fun keepsake.
After pics:

I took this pic tonight. It's not great, but you can see that her comb-over hairs are gone and her hair is light and short on top.

Hannah's hair in back is still fairly dark. I just love the back of her head. There is something so dang cute about the shape and size of her noggin. :)
Now I'll be letting Hannah's hair grow out for awhile. I'm pretty sure that she's going to be a tow-head like her parents were as kids. Cute!
3 comments:
I always had to trim my babies hair - I couldn't take the unevenness or the long strands. She and Emily can be tow heads together!
Cute, cute, cute! I can't believe how big she is looking. They grow too stinkin' fast.
super cute. I cut Ashley's hair when she was a baby too. There was always one especially long piece of hair that I would trim.
Post a Comment