It was fun to celebrate Scott's first official Father's Day. We were able to spend time with both of our families. Scott is AMAZING. In case you didn't already know, he is the best husband and father EVER. He has always been extremely supportive of me, and that has only amplified since Hannah was born. He has been so helpful right from the start. I absolutely love what a hands-on daddy he is. After a long day at work, Scott jumps right in to help me with Hannah. He even changes almost all of her diapers each evening and on weekends. This was his choice. He wants to spend as much time as possible with her and to nurture her whenever he can. Scott totally appreciates all that I do for Hannah, and I appreciate that. He tells me regularly that I have a much tougher job than he does. And on occasion, when the ocd in me gets me frustrated that I "didn't get anything done" (except keep a baby alive and happy) during the day, he ALWAYS simply says, "Getting stuff done is overrated." And he means it. Oh, how I love that Scottie! And Hannah loves him too. She absolutely adores him and thinks he is the funniest thing in the world. She reserves her best gut laughs for him. Hannah loves to watch Scott's every move, and she definitely has him wrapped around her little finger. I love that Hannah is a daddy's girl. It's adorable and also very helpful. Seeing Scott's deep love for Hannah has made me love him even more. And having the blessing of being Hannah's parents has definitely brought us closer together and helped us appreciate each other more. There's nothing quite like hearing Scott pray lovingly for our sweet baby Hannah.
Here are some of my favorite pics of Scott with his baby girl:























This last pic is the only one I actually took on Father's Day. I know it doesn't include Scott, but it is the only pic I have gotten of Hannah's foot in her mouth. Super cute!
So, yeah, Scott is a FABULOUS husband and daddy!!!
2 comments:
That is a plethora of pictures!! and all great. Love that last one--she really is looking chubby. Nice tribute.
It seems like all I hear about lately are stories about jerky, creepy guys so it's nice to hear about awesome, loving ones as well. It gives me a little hope. :)
Post a Comment