Saturday, June 18, 2011

6 Miraculous Months

It's been 6 months since our little miracle baby Hannah changed our lives forever. The time has flown by--minus those weeks in the hospital which felt like months. We are grateful every day for the blessing Hannah is to us. She has brought so much joy and meaning into our lives. It has been so fun to see her grow and progress and learn new things. I love her sweet yet somewhat sassy personality, and I'm so excited to see the little person she will become in the years to come. However, especially now that Hannah is healthy, I'm becoming more and more nostalgic and a bit sad to see her pass from one stage to the next, knowing that she will never be this sweet and innocent again. While I look forward to every new stage of Hannah's life, I will miss my sweet baby in these early stages.

Today we had a fun day celebrating Hannah's half-birthday:

Hannah started the day by taking a nap on her daddy's chest.

She also got in some quality toe-grabbing time--one of her favorite past-times. Scott said she even put her feet in her mouth today, but I missed it. Darn.

Hannah spent some quality time with her aunt Jana while Scott and I went to the temple (no pics).

Then I had to do a little photo shoot of my favorite baby:

Hannah laughing at her daddy.

What a silly girl!

Such a pretty baby!

Love that toothy grin!

Tonight we went out to dinner at a sit-down restaurant (Texas Roadhouse) for the first time with just the 3 of us (no fam to help hold Hannah), and Hannah did great! It certainly helped that we were in and out in just 45 mins. :)

Hannah wasn't loving her peas as she eyed our steaks.

We'll have to see if Hannah got her dad's steak-loving genes.

We also visited my grandma Meservy tonight but didn't get any pics.

Then I wanted to take some comparison pics after Hannah's bath. I got this idea from Scott's cousin's blog. My pics aren't that great, but you get the idea.

Hannah's tiny hand in mine.

Our feet. Her chubby foot makes mine look kind of skinny.

Side shot of our feet.

Hannah's hand in Scott's.

Hannah's foot with Scott's.

Scott and Hannah. It sure was hard to get Hannah to keep her hands and feet still.

Hannah ended the day the same way she began it--in her daddy's loving arms.

6 (of countless) things I love about Hannah:
1- Her gut laugh. She thinks her daddy is hilarious, and it is adorable!
2- Her obsession with her feet. So cute!
3- Her love of watching people and/or tv upside-down. Totally funny!
4- Her excitement at seeing her mommy and daddy. Heart-melting!
5- Her curiosity and desire to watch people intently. Super observant!
6- Her love of books. She's a smarty already!

Happy 6-month birthday to Hannah! We love her so very much!!!

2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Six months already! Time sure does go fast! She is darling - as always.

Sandy Brunson said...

What a fun post. I should do some comparison pictures. I'm glad she loves her books. I'm pretty sure Isaac just tolerates them and only really enjoys them when they are in his mouth. I can't believe how quickly our babies are growing up! She is totally adorable.