Wednesday, June 29, 2011

gettin' domestic

Today my awesome sister-in-law Diana helped me make new pillow covers for the "new" couches Scott and I bought over a year ago. I should say that I helped Diana make them. A little. Sewing really isn't my thing. I'm way too ocd. I hadn't even touched a sewing machine since I was a senior in high school (for the record, I was president of the Future Homemakers of America--thank-you-very-much), and you don't want to know what I did to my Laurel sewing/quilt project... :)

Here's proof that I can use a sewing machine.

Diana is the real seamstress.

Hannah just enjoyed eating bananas.

With her good friend Jen.

The old pillows looked fine on our old couches.

But see how hideous they looked on our new couches? Yuck! But the baby sure is cute!!

The final product.

A huge improvement, I'd say.

Thanks tons to Di for all her "help!"

3 comments:

Elmer said...

Very cute! And president of FHA? Seriously impressed...or shocked. ;)

Grammyzanne said...

Looks very good. Nice to have it in YOUR choice of colors. Even better to have the job DONE!

bullfrogranch said...

good job Mary Ann. I was there for the laurel quilt. I remember. Anyway, super cute Hannah.