I just love the sound of that. It's so, so nice to have a well child. We took Hannah in for her 6-month checkup this afternoon. Not too surprisingly, she's still skinny--14 lbs 1/2 oz (13th percentile). Her height is just above average--26 inches (58th percentile). And she has a large noggin like her mommy and daddy--17.6 inches (95th percentile). I'm surprised her tiny body is able to hold up that adorable head of hers! :) Hannah's pediatrician said that she has no signs of asthma or any other breathing problems. Yay! He also said that she is doing well milestone-wise. He did notice that the muscle tone in her legs may be a little weak (she locks her legs when standing rather than using her muscles), so he recommended that we get her an exersaucer. He also referred her to get physical therapy for her torticollis (tight neck muscle that pulls her head to the left--she's had it since birth). It's supposed to be pretty easy to correct in kids this young. Hannah also got 2 shots. She didn't cry at all for the first one but cried for just a few minutes after the 2nd one. Somewhat surprisingly, Scott didn't cry this time. :)
To celebrate a great checkup, we took Hannah to her first Owlz game. She seemed to enjoy watching everyone and everything. I enjoyed myself as well, even though I forgot to take my sunflower seeds. Scott didn't love it so much. The games are way more crowded this year due to the "Pass of all Passes," and so they are way bigger sticklers about everything. Here's hoping they ease up as the novelty of the games wears off for pass holders.

Hannah is a total people watcher.

It was all I could do to get her to look at me. I love how chubby her face looks!
By the way, we did make it to the very end of the Owlz game on Monday night for their opening night fireworks. Hannah didn't like the fireworks nearly as much as she did at Summerfest. I'm guessing it was because she was a little too tired. Here's hoping the 4th of July goes better.
And here are a few more pics of the cutie patootie:

This is how I find Hannah most mornings--happily playing with her feet.

Hannah loves her aunt Christina.

And she looks pretty darn cute in this hat Christina gave her.

Good thing her head is big enough for that flower. :)

Last week, we really enjoyed having Melissa and fam in town. We took all the kids to feed the duck (we only found one that was hungry--weird) at the pond.

The kids HAD to get a silly pic. Hannah just loves her crazy cousins!
So it looks like my niece Faith's prayer is being answered. Back when Hannah first went to the hospital for the 2nd time, Faith prayed that Hannah would "get better and not get sick again until she's two.....I mean forever!" While I'll definitely take 2 years of good health for Hannah, I certainly hope the last part of Faith's prayer is answered! :)
5 comments:
Megan had to do physical therapy for the same neck condition. She did it a lot younger though - I think from about 6 weeks to 3 months or so. Anyway, the condition went away so hopefully it will be the same with Hannah. She looks good and it is good to hear that all is going well!
So great to hear she's healthy. And I can't believe all the blonde hair on that noggin of hers!
super sweet!
Um, I think the crib picture is my favorite so far.
Well Hello - the summerfest fireworks were at my place. I think the reason she liked them so much more is clear.
Post a Comment