Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas-y Weekend

We had a fun, busy weekend and even managed to do a few Christmas-y things.

On Friday night we made our annual trek to the South Towne Mall to get a silver Christmas ornament to add to our collection and to eat at one of our favorite Chinese restaurants.

Scott loves the hot and sour soup, and Hannah loved the ham fried rice.

Since it was Hannah's first out-of-belly time on our trek, we decided to make it a little more special and Christmas-y by going to the nearby Festival of Trees. I hadn't been in years, and Scott had never been. And Primary Children's now holds more meaning for all of us.

Notice Hannah's bare feet. She kicked off one shoe and sock on the freezing stroller ride from the car to the festival, and we never found them. Bummer. And then she kept pulling off the others. Silly girl.

On Saturday we had a delicious Venezuelan brunch with a bunch of gals from my mission (plus Jana). It was SO good to see everyone and get caught up.

I love all these girls!!!

That afternoon we met up with my family so that Hannah could meet Santa in the company of her adorable cousins.

A shot that Scott snapped. I was kind of surprised that Hannah wasn't afraid of Santa.

A pic of the expensive photo the elves snapped. Hannah was happier before the elf made her take her hand out of her mouth.

Hannah enjoyed the Christmas train ride afterward with Faith, Clay, and mopey Cole. :)

Saturday night we watched the BYU football game with my grandma (forgot to take pics), and today we enjoyed watching the First Presidency Christmas Devotional with my parents after dinner (no camera).

I absolutely LOVE this time of year! And it's even more fun and magical with sweet Hannah!!!

1 comment:

Megan Campbell Carter said...

Yay for Festival of Trees. We went up on Saturday. I've been taking John every year since we got married, I've been going with my mom for as long as I can remember. It's like a family tradition.