Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Moronic Mommy Moment

I would like to take an unscheduled break from doing a promised party post to bring to you a Moronic Mommy Moment. It's certainly not the first I've had (or the worst), and I'm positive it won't be the last.

Today my amazing cousin Saundra took Hannah's 1-year-old photos at the Provo City Library. Everything went really well until the end. We took Hannah outside to take a couple of pics in her super cute dress coat. She was sitting on a ledge that was just like 6 inches off the ground, and I was standing nearby so that I could catch her if she were to fall. Well, she was steady for quite awhile, so I relaxed and backed away a little to help Saundra and Scott get her to laugh. Well, as luck would have it, Hannah suddenly made a face plant into the gravel at her feet. She cried. I almost cried. I wiped the dirt from her lips and chin and noticed that her chin was scratched. Scott took Hannah while I grabbed some wipes. By the time I went to wipe her face, her chin was bleeding. Not a lot. But just enough to make me feel terrible. Poor baby. I'm so sorry that I was such a moron and didn't stay right next to her. That's what I get for getting a little lax with my usual overprotective paranoia.

About 10 minutes after the face plant, Hannah was contentedly eating crackers and milk in the car. And she smiled at me as I said good-bye to head to a doctor's appointment. Hannah is so forgiving. What a sweetheart. I think she just might be able to make it through a few more future moronic mommy moments.

Hannah looking sad just a couple of hours after the face plant.

But don't worry. She was happy just a couple of minutes later.

Thank goodness for baby forgiveness. :)

1 comment:

Christina said...

Poor honey! Kids are so resiliant she will never remember it. I think every mom has had a moment like this, and uf they say they haven't they are lying....or just have selective memory.