Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Surprise Tooth

Today I was surprised to find that Hannah cut her first tooth. I was feeding her some rice cereal this afternoon, and she was biting the spoon harder than usual (with her tooth). Hannah hadn't really had any symptoms, although she was gumming my Mom's finger on Sunday. The only difference in Hannah is that she has been hungrier and sleepier these past 2 days, but I just thought she was having a growth spurt. It's probably both.

I tried to capture Hannah's tooth on camera:

Hannah wasn't thrilled with me. And you can't really see her tooth. But she sure looks cute and chubby in this pic.

I was talking to my mom tonight, and she thinks Hannah is pretty young to be teething. So I looked in my baby book and read that I cut my first tooth at just over 8 months old. Hannah is only 4 1/2 months old. Scott says his family teethes early, so apparently Hannah does have some Carter genes in her.

Here's hoping Hannah's lack of symptoms continues...

6 comments:

Kimber said...

Oh wow! That's awesome! Addie has no teeth in sight but I'm not surprised since both Shawn and I were late teethers! I love it when babies have little teeth!!!

Sandy Brunson said...

Yep, Isaac had two by a little over four months. However, not symptom free. Love that chubby little face and I can't wait to see her in person!

Elmer said...

At Eva's 2 month appointment the doctor said she has a couple of teeth ready to poke through! None of them have yet, but she's definitely drooly and chewing on everything. She's way too young!

MaryAnn said...

After everything that baby has been through - cutting a tooth is nothing and of course it didn't phase her. Lauren got her first tooth at 4 months but my other girls didn't get thhier first tooth until 7 or 8 months.

Connie said...

I hope she continues to have no symptoms. When my boy started teething, everything changed. He was so cranky, didn't sleep through the night and wouldn't eat. Good luck, I really hope you have better luck with the teething than I did :-)

Anonymous said...

I love that picture! I want to smooch her chubber cheeks.