Friday, April 8, 2011

Hannah's Happy Places

We discovered early on Hannah's first happy place--the changing table. She's especially happy there first thing in the morning (or in the middle of the night). Hannah's smiles make it a joy for this non-morning person to wake up so early.

I took these pics over a month ago.

I don't know how Scott and I managed to create a morning person.

Who wouldn't melt with this early-morning smile?

Love her!

Hannah's 2nd happy place was discovered soon after the first. She loves her mobile! It is my baby-sitter when I need to get ready. It's perfect because she is so loud cooing at it and kicking her legs that I can hear her from my room. I just have to go in every few minutes to wind it again (and to make absolutely sure she is still breathing).

I took these pics about 6 weeks ago. She looks so tiny!

Gotta love those ladybugs.

We discovered Hannah's 3rd happy place the night before her last surgery. She loves to lie on her back and watch tv. We try not to let her do this too much, but it's pretty cute.
She gets pretty mad if you block her view of the tv. Funny!

What do all 3 happy places have in common? They all allow Hannah to be on her back with the control to look around at whatever she wants to see. She is really curious and always observing her surroundings. We love our trying-to-become-more-independent baby!

3 comments:

bullfrogranch said...

Thanks for posting and sharing. joseph loved his mobile. He would jabber and kick his legs while the music played on his mobile. Super sweet.

MaryAnn said...

How did you guys get a morning person? That is pretty funny - and super cute!

Sandy Brunson said...

what a cute girl. Sadly, I'm pretty sure Isaac is a morning person too. He was up at 6:50 this morning ready to go. I was less ready...