Monday, April 18, 2011

4 months!

Hannah turned 4 months old today! It was a busy day for her. This morning we took her out for her first professional pictures. She did really well, but she couldn't keep her hands out of her mouth long enough to get a good smile going. I still think she looked absolutely adorable.

After getting pictures taken, we took a field trip to Scott's work for Hannah to meet his co-workers. By the time we got home, Hannah was zonked:

What a cute, sleepy baby.

But wait--there's more! This afternoon, Hannah and I met Scott at Hannah's 4-month well child checkup. Hannah now weighs 12 lbs 5oz (22nd percentile), is 24 inches long (41st percentile), and has a head circumference of 16 1/2 inches (76th percentile). So she continues to be of average height, skinny, and blessed with her mommy's big head. :) Hannah's pediatrician gave her a clean bill of health. As soon as her surgeon gives her a clean bill of health at her appointment next week, I might start to actually believe it.

Hannah is growing steadily and developing on schedule. Her pediatrician recommended that we start trying to introduce her to solid foods. So we went out and bought rice cereal for her to try tonight. She didn't exactly love it...

Hmmmm, I wonder what that is...

Um, I'm not so sure about this stuff.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! What in the world have you done to me?!? (Sad but hilarious!)

How could you trick me like that?!?

I know. I'll just spit it out like I spit out my medicine.

Take that! :)

I guess we'll wait a few days and try again. Maybe she'll like green beans or sweet peas a little better.

Scott and I absolutely love our 4-month-old baby girl! She is the light in our life, and we just enjoy her so much. She has been "talking" tons these past few days, and it totally melts our hearts!

Top 4 things I currently love about Hannah:
1- Her smiles. There's absolutely nothing cuter in this world! I love how her eyes sparkle and her entire face lights up. There is so much love behind her smiles.
2- Her voice. She has the sweetest, cutest scruffy voice ever. You'd think she was a smoker. :)
3- Her eyes. They are big, blue, and beautiful, and she has her daddy's long lashes. Hannah is so aware of everything around her, and she can immediately find me no matter where I am or how quiet I am trying to be.
4- Her sweet personality. I love how smart and sassy she is. But I also love that she is the sweetest thing I have ever snuggled with. There is nothing as sweet as cuddling her on my chest/shoulder when she falls asleep there. Love it!
Honorable mention--Those amazingly delicious chubby cheeks!

I love my sweet baby Hannah!!!

4 comments:

Kimber said...

Ha ha, her faces are priceless. Such a darling baby!!

Elmer said...

It's so fun when they start developing a personality and interacting with you more. My little niece, Eva, has just started to do that a little bit the last few days. It makes my day if I can get her to smile!

Barbara said...

Yeah, looks like you may have a little bit of a challenge getting her to take solid foods. Might I suggest that fruits might be a good second try even though you (Mary Ann) don't really like some of them :).

Dennis Carter said...

What, you'd rather snuggle with Hannah than Scott?!!!
Cute pics!