1 year ago
Sunday, November 8, 2009
My Semi-Brunette Self
A couple of weeks ago I finally did what I've been thinking of doing for quite some time. I had my hair dyed darker instead of having my normal blond highlights done. I decided to do this for a couple of reasons. First, I'm trying to cut down on the cost of having my hair weaved every few months. Second, I've wondered for a long time what my natural color really is these days. So I asked my hairdresser to match the dark blond hair at the top of my neck. It ended up quite dark, and I felt like a brunette for the first time in my life (even though the dye color was actually called dark blond). Unfortunately, it was a pretty ugly dishwater blond color, and the ends seemed to have a greenish/grayish tint to them. Fortunately, that color only lasted a few days. My hair has rebelled against being brunette and has become blonder and blonder as I wash it. It's still not nearly as blond as it was, but I like to think that it is looking more natural and less ugly. I guess only time will tell what my natural color really is. I'm really hoping for dark ash blond. Without further ado, the before and after pics:
This is right after my haircut and color a few months ago.
And this is me about 9 days after becoming a "brunette." I know it's not that dark, but it's definitely a change for me. Maybe I'll dare go truly dark one of these years, but I think in my heart I'll always be blond.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I like the darker shade. It's nice. But you are lucky to be able to pull of both the darker and the blond. Good for you!
I too like the darker shade.
I vote the darker shade too! Still light enough to think blonde. But the color looks so good on you!
Oooo.....I love it!!
I went through the same dilemma earlier this year. I just got tired of always having to get highlights so it was time to embrace my true color. Unfortunately it didn't stop the need to color my hair...now I have to do it to cover up the gray!
Post a Comment