I have a question that has recently come to my attention. What in the world is so amazing about IN-N-Out Burger? I know there are a lot of people out there that think it is the best burger place int he world, my wife being one of those. I for one don't get it. They have recently opened a few locations along the Wasatch front and I hear reports that the people slept outside just to be one of the first to eat at these new stops. It is a mystery to me what about IN-N-OUT is so amazing. I think their food is maybe a little above average for fast food, but it is certainly nothing to get too excited about. I have never understood Mary Ann's constant need to eat there whenever we have been in Las Vegas, St. George or anywhere else that might have an
IN-N-OUT. I pretty much thought that she was a special case and that most people were not nearly as obsessed, I guess I was wrong. Anyway I guess I might be in the minority. For those of you out there who love IN-N-OUT please explain what is so wonderful about it, and why so many people are so thrilled to have one close.
1 year ago
13 comments:
I was reading about that on the Daily Universe web site, and it was a little confusing to me too. When reading the article, I read this:
“This is the best day for Utah,” said Clarke Holdaway, a BYU business major from Huntington Beach, Calif. “It’s more of the California dream for Utah.”
Then I looked at the photo which showed a long line of cars all backed up and going nowhere, and I thought... "Yup, you have your own little piece of California."
I couldn't agree with you more Scott!!!!! I've been there several times because YOU HAVE TO GO if you are traveling anywhere near one. Frankly I have never been that impressed. It is good food, but nothing worth waiting in line for 2 hours....not much food is worth a 2 hour wait. It reminds me when Krispy Kreme dounuts came to Orem. Crazy people standing in hour long lines for a stupid dounut. Really people there are better things to be doing with our time.
That is stupid doughnut. Not dounut. :)
Gees, Scott. You sound a little bitter. :) I do love In N Out because I LOVE fresh cut french fries, and they are one of the few restaurants where I can stand to eat a hamburger (you have to admit they are way less greasy there). And you know that I would NEVER stand in line for 2 hours at In N Out! The longest I've ever waited in line and for my food there is 10-15 minutes. I'll definitely be waiting awhile for the excitement to die down before I even think of venturing out to one in Utah...
California In n Out employees are a special speedy breed. The lines are long but it takes no time indeed! How many of those breed live here? I'll find out when I go, I guess.
I think the joy I feel going there is more dangeresque...the pure exhiliration of having survived the crowds.
I also do not love In and Out. It is pretty cheap, though, and decently good for fast food but there is one right down the road from my house and I have never been there. Maybe part of the reason I don't go there is because they don't have a kid's meal.
I don't care for the place either. And the funny thing about it is that I don't like the fresh cut french fries. They do fresh cut at 5 guys too...but they do 'em better. Next time you come to FoCo I'll take you to a really good hamburger joint though...Smashburger! Now that is good eating. My mouth is watering a little.
And Jacob's comment is funny. I don't think I want a Utah that is more like California. That quote is ridiculous.
I do like In-n-Out and go there whenever I can when I visit CA. However, I would not wait in line two hours. Part of that craziness is just nostalgia, but part is the yummy grilled onions on your cheeseburger and fresh-cut fries for not a lot of money. Oh, and have you ever tried their shakes? Good stuff.
I second Scott and Five Guys is definitely the better choice for Fresh Cut Fries.....so yummy. The 1st visit to In-N-Out was great...but I was also 8
And I think Five Guys is a huge rip off! I have never waited more than 5 or 10 minutes at In n Out, and I'll go if it's convenient and someone I'm with is craving a burger. I don't even like Five Guys, though.
Having grown up where In-N-Out was viewed not as a novelty but more of a decent, convenient fast food restaurant, I have to say that I enjoy me a grilled cheese and fries from time to time. However, (some) Utahns are totally obsessed with In-N-Out, largely I think b/c it is from California and (some) Utahns have a love affair going with California. That said, I'll probably head over and get a grilled cheese when it's convenient and the hoopla dies down, whenever that may be.
P.S. I also prefer In-N-Out to Five Guys, although I admit I don't eat burgers (just the veggie please).
We have 5 guys here, and I have been wanting to go try it, but then I think...burgers...grease...fast food...maybe we will just eat what I have at home. I have never been to an in-and-out. Don't think it will make my priority list for my Utah visits.
It grows on you. But the shakes are pretty much fantastic straightaway.
Post a Comment