1 year ago
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Weekend o' Halloween
Here are some pics from our weekend of Halloween fun:
On Thursday afternoon, I got to help out in my nephew Cole's 1st grade classroom for his Halloween party. So much fun!
Then I got to watch the school parade. This is Cole the Red Power Ranger.
And Clay the race car driver.
And Faith the Egyptian princess. This is how she posed every time she said "trick or treat."
This is me as Brigitta Von Trapp (for the 3rd year in a row). I dressed up Thursday for our ward Halloween party, Friday for a fun Halloween party thrown by Scott's brother and his wife, and also on Saturday to go trick or treating with Faith, Cole, and Clay. Scott hates to dress up and just wore a straw hat to the party on Friday night and said he was a drunk Mexican. Don't worry--he's not racist. There's a story behind it...
Halloween night I carved my pumpkin, and Scott cut up his pumpkin and another one to cook and puree to freeze for use in lots of yummy pumpkin soup this winter. No, Scott isn't stoned or drunk--just tired.
Here's my amazing pumpkin (can you guess what C is for) next to our spooky haunted house. We spent the rest of Halloween evening roasting pumpkin seeds, watching a dumb "scary" movie, and not getting a single trick or treater. I guess next year we should make sure we replace the burnt out bulb in our porch light.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds like a fun Halloween. Too bad you didn't get any trick or treaters. I like your brown hair. It looks nice.
Wasn't it your birthday? I have written down that it was your birthday on the 8th...if it was Happy Birthday!!! and I hope you had a fabulous day...if it wasn't then...I must have it written down wrong. I love your brown hair. you look beautiful!
You make a very cute Brigitta and I also love the brown hair.
A burned out light bulb - now that is a good way to make sure you have plenty of left over Halloween candy. Like you jack-o-lantern. A bit of Halloween trivia. The original Jack-o-lantern was a turnip, carved to keep homeless spirits away from Irish doors. When Irish immigrants came to the States they brought their tradition with them but finding pumpkins more plentiful than turnips they used pumpkins instead.
Post a Comment