Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Our New Addition

Well, Scott and I would like to announce...
that we are now a double Mazda family. I finally bought a new car today--just one day shy of the 2-month anniversary of my Civic's violent kidnapping. After spending a lot of time these past two months looking for cars (and avoiding looking for cars), I finally decided on a 2000 Mazda Protege ES. It is silver like my old Honda, and it actually reminds me quite a bit of it. It only has 76,000 miles on it, and I ended up paying $39 less for it than I received from my insurance company. So far it seems like a really good car, but only time will tell. Scott is excited to have his car back to himself so that he isn't stranded at work all day. I'm excited that I finally found a car that I really like, and I'm especially excited that the driver's window and the speedometer/odometer actually work.
So here are some pictures that I took in the dark tonight:






This last picture is of the baseball Mickey antenna topper that I bought at Disney World in June (pics coming). I had one on my Civic, and I'm just glad this one finally has a home. Now all I need is a new Cubbie bear...

6 comments:

glarcy said...

I'm so excited about your new car! way to go with the classic silver...sometimes you just have to go with what you know and love.

Elmer said...

Congrats on the new car! I guess it's now time for a roadtrip?

Sandy Brunson said...

Nice job on the car! And less than the insurance check...bonus!

Heather said...

Mary Ann, do you remember your great bug that wouldn't stop for stoplights, and which you always had to help me fasten the seatbelt in? Even I miss that car. :) Hope this one has lots of fun moments too!

John L. Carter said...

I'm kinda slow tonight. I read the title and I thought you guys got a pet then I remembered the discussion we had the other night about how you both hate dogs and my next thought was that maybe you got pregnant. . . It gets worse. This whole confusion occurred just minutes after I read your facebook status, which tells of your new car and how there were pics on your blog. I think I need some sleep.

I've always liked mazdas so it get my approval. Zoom zoom.

K-Krew said...

Congrats on the new car. Now all you need is a name :)
BTW we changed our blog address. It's posted on Facebook.