These are the after pictures of our beautiful balcony garden. If you want to see the before pictures check out our post in May. I am pretty happy that the end is near. As the plants have grown they have required more and more water. Because I am so lazy this has made the garden less fun to deal with. But I have enjoyed the fruits of our labor. The tomatoes taste really good, they are a little on the small side, but the flavor is great. The flowers are pretty and the herbs have made many tasty creations.

Here is me looking super fat picking our first tomatoes.

Look at the size of these plants!

There are lots of tomatoes on the plants.

Here are some yummy small tomatoes.

The herb garden has gone wild, we have cut it down several times, but it always grows back into the forest you see here.
Do you love Mary Ann's weird little frog? I admit it has grown on me!
Anyway the garden has been fun. I have learned a few things. The topsy turvey tomato planters work very well in a small space if you don't mind small tomatoes. Also herbs are easy to grow, they don't require much care. In the future I think I would put them in separate containers, I think that would make for easy harvest. I guess we will see in the spring if we want to plant things again, for now we will enjoy the plants until it gets too cold.
4 comments:
I obviously didn't write this post. That is definitely not me picking tomatoes. :) Way to post with pictures, Scott!
Your patio truly is a jungle - I was attacked by bugs when I went over to water while you guys were in Colorado. I guess your gardening has been a success.
We've only harvested two tomatoes from our plants, because we planted so late. I'm a little jealous of all your tomatoes.
Love getting to see an "after" shot of the patio plants. Great job, you guys!
And love the next posts with all the crazy stuff! Scott, you truly look more happy in cold camping weather than at a baseball game...too funny!
Post a Comment