Monday, June 15th, was a special day. It was the day I finally got over my Harry Potter hump. You see, I reluctantly began reading the Harry Potter series the summer of 2001. I was immediately hooked, but then I moved to Chicago when I was half-way through book 4 and I got distracted and never finished. So a few years later, I decided to try to finish book 4, and I couldn't get into it for the life of me. Fast forward several years, and I find myself married to a HUGE Harry fan. So this last February I decided that I needed to start reading something to get my mind off of work and to sleep better at night, and why not Harry? It took me 2 months to read the first 3 books--not bad because I was still working fulltime, and it didn't take much reading at night to get me sleepy. Then it took me 2 months to read the first half of book 4--I reached the elusive half-way point (of the book and the series) on our flight home from Alabama. Then it only took me one week to read the second half of book 4--a miracle! I read book 5 in like 2 weeks. And then I read book 6 in less than one week--I hurried to finish it so that Scott and I could see the movie on its opening weekend. (It was a bit of a let-down because they left out so much and because my sister-in-law accidentally ruined an important part of the book 50 pages before I got there--oh well.) And now I'm taking my time reading book 7. I have less than 100 pages left, but I really don't think I want it to end. I'm sure Scott will be relieved to finally be able to talk openly about the book without me freaking out thinking that he's ruining something for me.
So here's a picture of Scott in his awesome sleeping mask. I was a nice wife and didn't read at night for the first year of our marriage because Scott can't sleep with the lamp on. But I abandoned my niceness in February, and fortunately we were able to find this life-saving sleeping mask at Bed Bath & Beyond. Isn't Scott cute? :)
Viva Harry!!
5 comments:
Maybe there's hope for me yet and someday I'll get around to reading the books too. Love the mask, Scott!
wait...so you don't know yet that dumbledore is gay? Oh. Did I ruin that for you? :)
I can't believe I still haven't seen the 6th movie! arg.
I love the mask too!
Faith saw this picture and said, "Scott has a mask HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! That is funny mama."
I kind of like the mask look so maybe I shouldn't tell you this....the "lightwedge" makes a great book light (lights up the whole page but isn't too bright for these men in our lives who just can't sleep with the light on!)
I gave in years ago and let Dave sleep....I ended up using a flashlight--the wedge has been awesome in comparison (got it for Christmas).
Post a Comment