So a couple of weekends ago, Scott and I drove to Fort Collins with his sister Diana and her husband Sam. We stayed with his other sister Sandy and her husband Jacob in their new house. We had a great time playing cards, eating yummy home-made food, eating Big City Burritos, touring the Anheuser-Busch brewery, drinking soda pop instead of beer at the end of the tour, shopping in downtown Fort Collins (although Scott sat on a bench most of the time), and attending a very exciting Cubs vs. Rockies game. Here are a few pictures of our adventures:

Here we are on the tour. I learned a few interesting things.

We were sitting in the Rockpile at the game with all the rowdy fans, and so we were thoroughly entertained by them--several got kicked out and one got arrested.
Doesn't Scott look thrilled to be at a Cubs game? :) Cubs won!
Last weekend, we went backpacking/hiking/camping in the Uintas with Sam and Diana, Scott's dad, his sister Lynda, and her husband and 2 boys. To make a long story short, we survived hail on the hike in, pouring rain most of the night, a leaky tent, a sopping wet sleeping bag, hail and snow in the morning, and getting lost for over an hour in the snowy/foggy Uintas. Good times. Pictures to prove the craziness:

The silver lining of the hail on the hike into Jewel Lake--Scott and I finally got to wear our Cubs ponchos that I made for the playoffs game we attended last Fall.
Here we all are enjoying our dinner before the downpour.

Sam & Di trying to share a sleeping bag. Sam gave me his because mine was drenched. Thanks, Sam!

Scott looking delirious in the freezing cold.

I guess we were all a little loopy after playing cards for 4 hours and then trying to sleep in the misery. I even told my infamous ham-butt joke...

Scott decided to build a huge bonfire in the frigid morning.

Do you love my outfit? Half of my clothes were wet.

Here we are right after we realized we had made a huge circle and ended up right back at Jewel Lake. Thank goodness our prayer led us back to a place we recognized!
Oh, I almost forgot to mention the worst part of the trip--Scott lost his wedding ring sometime during the hike in. Maybe he should have listened when his wife warned him to leave it home because it often falls off when his fingers get cold. Sad!
One more thing. Last night Scott and I went to an Owlz game with my parents, my sister Christina, and her 3 adorable kids. My favorite part of the night was when Faith and Cole kept referring to the mascots (owls) as chickens. Way funny!
7 comments:
Oh, the wonderful memories you are making! And I still want to hear the ham-butt joke sometime.
Those ponchos make me wish that I was there!
I fear my camera's gone goofy. Your pictures of the Uintas adventure turned out much better than mine. We certainly made some memories!
did someone actually just ask to hear the ham-butt joke?
We missed it on the ward campout. everyone just went straight to sleep instead of laughing at mary ann's jokes for 3 hours first. It just wasn't the same :)
I love all your photos! Sounds like you've been having tons of fun. It looks like you should have brought your moon boots. :)
Love the picture of the group after just realizing you had walked in a circle. Lynda's expression especially captures the moment. I can't say that I am sad to have missed that experience. I hate getting wet when camping.
That definitely sounds like a fun adventure (now that it's over).
I don't know why, but I was thinking the other day of trying to introduce After The Manner of the Adverb to the FSTC staff. Fun times.
Miss you.
Post a Comment