Our computer crashed a few days after we got back from Alabama and Disney World in June, and it took us several weeks to get a new one. So now it's time to catch up on blogging...
Scott and I flew to Alabama to visit his sister Shannon, her husband Jason, and their 4 fabulous kids. A few days later, we all drove down to Disney World together. We had Jeremiah and Hannah in our (Jason's) car with us, and we really loved hearing Hannah's adorable voice talking excitedly about "Dis-uh-ney World." We had a wonderful vacation and were so glad to be able to spend so much time with Shannon and fam. The only thing we didn't miss when we arrived home was the humidity.
So here are some pics of our adventures:

Scott and I took the kids bowling on the military base while Shannon attended Jason's graduation. It was Jeremiah's birthday.

Aubrey doing her "cheesy grin."

Katie posing with Hannah. The ball weighed almost as much as Hannah. :)

Jeremiah and Katie climbing a tree on the base. Brave kids!

A picture of the Gross family. Super cute!

Our third day in Alabama, we took a trolley tour of downtown Montgomery. I believe this is the church where Martin Luther King, Jr. preached.

Scott and I loved all the time we got to spend with these adorable kids!

We saw this in Georgia on our way to Florida. Too bad it was too early in the day for lunch.

The military hotel we stayed at was great. We swam in the pool every night, which felt amazing after the hot and humid days.

Disney World Day 1: Magic Kingdom

Scott and Jeremiah on Thunder Mountain.

Katie LOVED Thunder Mountain!

Hannah and Scott waiting to get splashed by Splash Mountain.

Scott and I took Hannah and Aubrey to the Haunted Mansion. At least they didn't cry...

Disney Word Day 2: Animal Kingdom

Katie and I were getting ready to get wet.

Scott and Jeremiah got soaked!

Talk about soaked! These fountains were a life saver for the girls who were too little for many of the rides.

A drenched Aubrey doing her cheesy grin. Scott had her do it so much that all he had to do was say her name and she would automatically do it. Funny!

Disney World Day 3: Epcot Center

While the boys spent half the day meeting Star Wars characters in Hollywood Studios, we girls got to eat lunch with the princesses in Norway.

I had to get in the pic with my favorite princess--Cinderella.

One of my favorite parts of Disneyland/World--chocolate-covered bananas!

The whole gang watching the light show and fireworks.

Scott and I had two fabulous roommates at Disney World.

Aubrey was pretty happy to be back home. Gotta love that cheesy grin!
5 comments:
that chocolate covered banana looks a bit like a certain t-shirt that carla gave you...no wonder you like them so much!
I need a vacation. Looks like so much fun and I'm sure the parents loved having you there to even out the teams.
Carters fried chicken.....awesome! I love Chocolate Covered Bananas...you should try the Jerk Shack, they are delish and only available during summer!
Where's your cheesy grin? Fun pics!
What a fun time. That chocolate covered banana really does look good. Do they dip it in crushed peanuts too?
Post a Comment