Friday, September 4, 2009

Canning, Concert, & Coldstone

This last Saturday was a busy day for me and Scott. We (Scott) slept in, and then we spent the afternoon canning pickles. This is the 3rd year that we have done pickles. We love them!

My adorable, domestic husband. He's one great cucumber srubber. And for those of you who may not know, Scott is amazing in the kitchen. Not only does he cook for me every night, he does it deliciously and from scratch. I love it!

We got 17 new quarts this year. I can't wait for them to be ready by Christmas! Notice all the yummy garlic we put in them. Wow, I'm seriously drooling right now.

Saturday night, Scott and I went up to the Homestead in Midway with Scott's dad and our friend Jen to see my cousin April Meservy in concert. I may be a little biased, but I think April is absolutely amazing! I love her unique, gorgeous voice, and the songs she writes and sings speak directly to my soul. I love April!

After the concert, we took Jen to Coldstone to celebrate her birthday. I'm not a huge fan of Coldstone or really any ice cream place (Red Mango frozen yogurt is my addiction), but I did enjoy my creation (as well as the hot fries we got at Wendy's). I must say that I was very impressed with Jen's ability to finish the Gotta Have It size! Happy Birthday!!

7 comments:

glarcy said...

I'm glad you started to make your post titles fit with your "C is for..." theme. There was a little ocd part of me that has been wishing that all along :)

MaryAnn said...

Those pickles look yummy!

Sandy Brunson said...

Okay. We have a serious problem. You don't like coldstone or any icecream place. You can't be a Carter. But then I am torn in saying that because of the pickles. I want some. Jacob hates pickles and I have been craving them like crazy lately.

Grammyzanne said...

Those pickles do look good. I haven't made pickles in a long time - not since the kids were all old enough to go to the pool on their own. We had a bumper crop of cucumbers that year so I was making pickles 2 or 3 times a week. The kids hated the smell. So whenever I started pickling they headed for the pool. My specialty was bread and butter pickles. Maybe next summer we can have a successful crop of cucumbers.

Ras Fam said...

I love pickles and ice cream but not together. You guys are so domestic, I love it.

karen louise said...

YUMMY!! Wow, canning crazy!!! You are quite the little domestic family ;)

Laura Stringham said...

I just thought that you should know that my mouth literally started to water at the thought of those pickles. mmmm, pickles.