Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The road trip that wasn't.

This past weekend we had planned to take a road trip to Colorado to visit Scott's sister and her family. Unfortunately, Scott was so sick Friday night and Saturday morning that we were unable to make the trip. We were bummed, but we did end up having a nice weekend after all...

Friday night, Scott and I had dinner with friends and then saw the movie The Avengers (thanks to Jana watching Hannah). Poor Scott spent a good portion of the movie in the baƱo.

Saturday we sat around waiting to see if Scott would feel better and if Hannah would get sick. Fortunately, Hannah never got sick. And Scott was feeling well enough later to spend an oh-so-exciting evening at Subway, Target, and watching Dateline-like shows. :)

Sunday we ventured up to Taylorsville to see Scott's paternal grandparents' graves. Scott hadn't been there in years, and it was my and Hannah's first time.

 It took awhile for us to find it, but we finally did.

We felt a little lame that all we had was a flag to place.

Sunday evening we enjoyed dinner with my family and then visited with some of Scott's family, including his sister who was in town from Vegas.

Monday afternoon we met up with my mom's side of the family at my grandpa's grave in Provo.

 We had quite the crowd, and we were able to enjoy listening to my grandma tell stories from the past.

I can't believe my grandpa has been gone for 17 years--almost half my life!

That afternoon, while Scott was giving Hannah a much-needed nap, I spent time with my parents and my grandma--eating good food and watching The Making of Jimmer. :)

Scott, Hannah, and I later headed over to have a BBQ with Scott's fam.

I finally got some pics of Hannah with her new, adorable baby boy cousins.

Doesn't she look huge in comparison?!

Hannah sure can't wait until we actually let her touch those cutie babies!

All in all, it was a very nice weekend. Hopefully we'll make it to Colorado another time.

4 comments:

Sandy Brunson said...

I'm glad your weekend turned out okay despite not coming to see us! Hope you can find time to come out later. Isaac would love to see his cousin Hannah.

glarcy said...

That stinks that you had to cancel your trip! What is it with scott, trips and vomiting? :)

MaryAnn said...

Hannah does look big in comparison to those little guys. And Emily looked like a giant to me when I got home.

Megan Campbell Carter said...

So cute! She is so adorable looking at her cute cousins. :)