Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mommy's Day

Mother's Day just keeps getting better and better for me. I really don't understand all those moms who say that they hate Mother's Day because it makes them feel guilty (although I guess I may understand it someday when Hannah is older and not as easy to be patient with). For me, Mother's Day is all about reflecting on the incredible blessing and privilege it is to be a mom. I still sometimes can hardly believe that I actually have a child that is mine. And wow, my child is an amazing. Just look...
 

 What better way to spend Mother's Day weekend than at the ballpark with my baby?!

She's such a super star!

Mother's Day itself was great too. Scott made me breakfast in bed...

The first course--delicious!

 Scott's beautiful quiche.
 
 The main course. Yum!

Scott also gave me a card and a massage, and Hannah gave me a card and a cd. Church was really nice. And then we spent the evening visiting our own wonderful moms and my fabulous grandma.

I'll end with a few pictures of Hannah practicing her innate mommy-ing skills...

Ever since Hannah got some baby dolls for her birthday and Christmas, she has been really into hugging and kissing them and patting them on the back.

But in the last week or two, she has started pretending that her baby is crying (cutest fake cry ever), and then she picks her up and comforts her.

Hannah puts blankets on her baby and talks sweetly to her. She also sometimes plays Peek-a-Boo with her--probably to try to get her to laugh. :)

Watching Hannah play the role of a loving mommy absolutely melts my heart. I know she will be a fantastic mommy someday!

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!


**Update on the miscarriage stuff: I had an ultrasound and blood work done last week, and everything came out normal. I'm not sure if the fibroid was never there or just somehow disappeared. Either way, I'll take it. I'm trying to stay cautiously optimistic that the drama is finally over. I do still need to go back in for blood work for 2 more months. So I guess I'll just keep you posted.

5 comments:

Elmer said...

Hannah and her baby is just too cute!

Barbara said...

So glad for the good news about your health. Hope it continues. Keep enjoying that precious Hannah.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Hannah is super cute with her doll. Oh, and looking so grown up with her hair coming in so nice. Glad to hear everything is looking better with your health!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Oh, and Scott could come and make ME that breakfast some day, it looks delish!

MaryAnn said...

I agree with Shannon - I want Scott to come make my next Mother's Day breakfast. Hannah is darling, as always!