Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cougars & Chicken Pox

Last Friday was pretty eventful for us. In the afternoon, I took Hannah to get her Chicken Pox immunization. She didn't love it, but I felt it was necessary. You see, her mommy has a strange history with Chicken Pox. I grew up knowing that I was odd because I had had Chicken Pox twice--once as a baby and once as a toddler (I actually remember having it the 2nd time). I used to use that unusual fact (that I'd had Chicken Pox twice) in the game 2 Truths and a Lie quite often. I was definitely an anomaly. But then things got even stranger a few years ago (when I was 30). I got Chicken Pox for the 3rd time! It was seriously crazy! It wasn't a very bad case, but my doctor confirmed that that's what it was and told me to stay home from work for a few days. Well, a year or so later I woke up one Sunday morning with a big rash on my torso and with tingly hands and feet. I'd heard about Shingles, and so I looked up the symptoms online and was convinced that I had them. I decided that I would go to Sacrament Meeting and then go to Instacare. Scott gladly accompanied me. When we got in to see the doctor in Instacare, I told him that I thought I had Shingles and that I had had Chicken Pox 3 times. He looked at me incredulously and asked me to lift up my shirt to show him my rash. Well, wouldn't you know, the darn thing had completely disappeared (perhaps due to my righteousness in attending church that day :) ). You can guess the look the doctor gave me at that point. All he said was, "Well, I guess you can come back in if the rash comes back." I felt like a moron. And all Scott could do was laugh. So I joined him. Good, good times.

Anyway, as you can clearly see, I certainly do not want Hannah to go through the ridiculousness that I have gone through. She just had to get that immunization.

Moving on to Friday night (finally). We had a great time at the BYU baseball game with my sisters. The Cougs stunk it up, but it was fun to hang out at the ballpark and chat and eat.

 
 Scott took a pic of all the girls--me, Hannah, Christina, and Jana.

 Hannah LOVED sitting in her own chair.

She also loved making friends with everyone around us. What a sweetie!

Go Cougs! Stay away, Chicken Pox!

4 comments:

Sandy Brunson said...

I had shingles once. NOT GOOD! not good at all. Hopefully sweet Hannah will not have your chicken pox misfortunes.

Barbara said...

Did you know there's a vaccine for shingles? Maybe you should look into it, since you can get shingles multiple times. :)

MaryAnn said...

Hannah looks so much older to me. Maybe it is just those particular pictures. Tim had Shingles - he swears it was the worst. Hopefully you won't have to experience them.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Cute little Hannah does look older. Fun times, the game, not the chicken pox story!