Tuesday, October 18, 2011

10!

Hannah is 10 months old today. Unfortunately, her day began with a ginormous vomiting. Poor baby. She has been sick for 6 of the last 7 days. First she was sick for a few days with the stomach flu and also some diarrhea (pardon the poop-talk), but then she seemed well for more than one full day. However, yesterday she had a fever and was very lethargic and sleepy, so I took her to the doctor. He confirmed that she had a fever and a sore throat, so he said it was probably a cold virus that was unrelated to the stomach flu. However, a couple of hours later Hannah threw up again, and she also threw up this morning and had diarrhea again later today. So sad. Yesterday was especially horrible because Hannah's sleepy/lethargic state reminded me and Scott of her pre-surgery, non-breathing-well, semi-comatose state. Yesterday she slept a lot and just wanted to lay her head on my shoulder when she was awake (SO not like her). Scott and I had to try very hard not to get too triggered. Today Hannah had a little more energy, but she cried a lot due to apparent pain. Way sad too. Tonight she actually felt less hot, so we think her fever is finally on its way out. Here's hoping. It has been so sad t0 see Hannah so sick. This is the first time that she has been normal-sick, aside from a couple of stuffy/runny noses (I consider her time in the hospital as abnormal-sick). Six days seems like a really long time for a baby to be sick. It seriously hurts my heart to see her not feeling well. And it makes me really sad to know that she has lost some weight--a few ounces. I really, really hope she gets better soon...

Anyway, I did take time to snap a few pics of Hannah this afternoon:

This sweet, miserable girl humored me with a half-smile.

This cute outfit is size 12-months, and it almost fits her. :)

Losing interest.

Getting tired.

Enough of the pics, already!

Oh, so sleepy!

10 things Hannah likes:
--Her daddy--she continues to find him quite hilarious. She likes her mommy too.
--Anyone bending over to pick something up--it usually makes her do some awesome gut-laughing.
--Books--she loves to look at them and turn the pages.
--Nursing--she still gets so excited about it.
--Kicking the wipes while she gets her diaper changed--she likes the sound of the packaging crinkling. She also likes to kick over the large bottle of hand sanitizer on the changing table.
--People--they have always fascinated her more than things. I'm pretty sure she's on her way to becoming a social worker. :)
--Playing with my hair while she nurses and playing with her own hair at times too.
--Her caterpillar rattle--I think she loves how it sounds.
--Talking/jabbering--she often says ma-ma-ma when she wants me or wants to nurse. When does it count as talking?
--Her hands and feet--still her favorite toys--she finds them utterly fascinating.

10 things Hannah dislikes:
--Having her face cleaned--don't most kids hate this?
--Having her nose wiped--she spits every time I try. Super cute!
--Me leaving the room when she wants to nurse.
--Being restrained in any way--I think she might be claustrophobic like her mommy.
--Being sick--who doesn't?
--Getting dressed and undressed--she especially hates having things pulled over her cute, large head.
--Being on her knees--she absolutely hates it!
--Sunlight in her eyes--it makes her sneeze.
--Most fruit--like mommy!
--Getting her fingernails cut--mainly due to being restrained for it, I think.

We absolutely love our 10-month-old baby! The other day, Scott asked me what we ever did without her. I told him that we spent a lot of our time wishing she were here. What an amazing blessing she is in our lives! Happy 10 months, Hannah!!!

3 comments:

Sandy Brunson said...

Oh, poor sick baby. But she is one cute 10 month old! Hope she is feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Cute-a-roo! I love my Hannah.....

Sandy Brunson said...

I keep forgetting to tell you how Isaac loves looking at the pictures of Hannah. He smiles and points at her. Super Cute!