Hannah was a total trooper during her 3rd (and hopefully final) hospital stay. We're really hoping that the 3rd time's the charm, but we know better than to count on it. Hannah's surgery went really well. The doctor did a laryngoscopy and bronchoscopy, and he didn't find anything wrong with Hannah's voice box. He did find some secretions coming from her lungs, so he ordered a swallow study to see if she was aspirating. Hannah spent the night in the hospital (I got to stay in her room with her), and she did the swallow study the next day. She passed it with flying colors, and she was discharged from the hospital just a couple of hours later. Let's just say that this stay at Primary Children's was tons better than the last one--short and sweet and full of kind doctors and nurses. Hannah was all smiles for the nurses, and they absolutely loved her. Can't say I blame 'em!

An unsuspecting baby sleeping soundly on her way to PCMC.

Hannah looked so cute in her hospital jammies.

She was upset that she couldn't eat before the surgery, until she found an apparently fascinating corner to stare at.

It was a short surgery, and I had Hannah back in my arms in no time.

What a cute, half-naked baby!

Hannah was happy the surgery was over.

And maybe a little sad too.

What a sweet, happy baby!

Ready to go home sweet home.
The doctor thinks Hannah might have asthma, so we'll see what he finds at her one-month follow-up. For now, we are just trying to believe that our baby is healthy and finally breathing well.
Thanks for all your support and prayers! It has really helped!!
7 comments:
Good news that you are home and all went well. Thank goodness it's spring and you'll be able to get out more soon. I love all the pictures of your cutie pie!
Glad to hear that all went well. I can't get over those little hospital jammies. So cute! You have a doll baby on your hands :)
So glad to hear things went well. She is such a cutie!
I'm glad you're all home safe and sound. I meant to tell my friend, Lisa (Audrey's sister-in-law), to go check on you and Hannah if she was working that day (she's a nurse at Primary's). But I forgot. So if a cute nurse named Lisa was there I hope she treated you well. :)
Oh...she is a trooper! And an adorable one at that.
She is beautiful!!!!!!
Look how chubby she is! She must be doing better.
Post a Comment