Friday, February 25, 2011

Surgery Update

This last Tuesday we went to the follow-up appointment with Hannah's surgeon. He said that her surgery site has healed well, but he was concerned because she is still breathing very loudly and having some oxygen de-saturation. He believes that Hannah's voice box is collapsing and blocking her airway, and so Hannah needs another surgery. He will go back in with a scope and give Hannah's voice box a botox injection if it is collapsing. She would then need periodic injections until she outgrows this. If he gets in there and finds that her voice box is fine, he will order an MRI to determine if there is anything wrong with Hannah's brain. We are hoping and praying it is just the voice box. The surgery isn't an emergency and isn't scheduled until March 21st, but Hannah will need to stay at least one night in the PICU at Primary Children's. We are very disappointed and sad that Hannah has to go back to the hospital, but we are hopeful that her breathing problems will soon be solved for good. Please pray for Hannah!

*Also, we are having Hannah blessed on Sunday, March 6th. Our sacrament meeting begins at 11am. If you would like to attend, please leave a comment with your email address and I will email you the church address.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Sweet little Hannah! She is so darn cute! We will be thinking of her for sure!

MaryAnn said...

So sorry to heat that you are going to have yet another hospital stay. Our prayers are with you! I would love to be at the blessing but don't think I can make it up next weekend. I will be thinking of you all!

Elmer said...

Praying everything goes well with cute Hannah!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

We will definately keep her in our prayers. She really is helping you two feel the full force of parenthood. We love you all!!!

Lynda/Mom said...

What a little cutie! I just keep thinking that I'm glad we have doctors who have options to try to fix problems. This little girl is so lucky to have wonderful parents (and extended family)and good doctors to help her past her rocky start. Prayers coming your way. Aunt Lynda

Robinson Family said...

We'll continue to pray for little Hannah! Things are going to get better and hooray for breaking 10 pounds. I love to see all the pictures and hear how things are going.