Friday, June 4, 2010

busy weekend

Last weekend was pretty busy for us. My sister Melissa and her fam were up from St. George, so we spent Friday night hanging out with them and the rest of the fam at my parents' house. I didn't get any pics of them, and I also didn't get any pics of the family bridal shower we had for my sister Jana on Saturday. Saturday afternoon, Scott and I finally planted our balcony garden. I'm purposely not going to post any pictures of that because I plan to convince Scott to blog about it. Sunday was busy with family stuff. And Memorial Day was super long but fun. I attended my first ever door buster at RCWilley in order to get a great deal on some couches. I was super surprised that Scott got right up to go with me at 6:45am. Good times. I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking (at least most of it):

Monday afternoon, we had a picnic with my family. Faith was pretty daring on her scooter.

Jana, my mom, Scott, and Faith cleaning up the picnic.

I brought my softball gear. Clay is a great little hitter.

Cole had fun until he got hit in the face with a ball. But he did keep playing.

Christina in great softball pitching form.

Suh-wing, battah!

Later Monday afternoon, we went to Diana and Sam's to "help" them with their remodeling. Turns out we were all pretty wimpy at tearing down drywall.

Let me tell ya--I did some *real* damage to that wall.

Diana and I went swimming, and then we had a BBQ with the Carter clan on Di and Sam's patio.

John the hairdresser put the amazing Bump-It in my hair. Looks like Sam wanted to eat it.

I hate this side profile shot of me, but it's the best way to see the amazingness of the Bump-It.

Monday night, we gave our old couches to a lady in our ward. The love seat wasn't looking too bad.

But the couch was hideous--broken and sagging almost to the floor. I tried to convince the lady that she didn't want it, but she obviously wasn't very picky. We were just grateful that she took them off our hands.

Monday night Sam and Diana helped us pick up our couches from RCWilley. We were going for cheap and sturdy, but they also look way better than our old couches.

I'm even getting used to the weird built-in side pillows. They actually come in pretty handy. And Diana has agreed to help me make new covers for some throw pillows. We'll see how that goes...

We ended the weekend by having Diana and Sam help us pick up a huge storage cabinet for our kitchen. But that's a story for another post...

Yay for fun, busy weekends!

6 comments:

Elmer said...

What a productive weekend! I love the new couches.

Sandy Brunson said...

The couches are a little weirdy with the side pillows but when you and D work your magic in some throw pillows they'll be awesome! I'm also super impressed that you all gathered for a memorial day BBQ without Mom there to arrange it all. Nice work siblings!

MaryAnn said...

I like the new couches and bump it is very nice.

Lynda/Mom said...

Don't tell my granddaughter Jane about the bumpit--she will be so jealous! Love the couches and I don't think the side pillows are strange at all. I like to lie against the arm and stretch out, and they look very useful. Busy, busy. I hope you had a good time. Aunt Lynda

karen louise said...

SO I haven't been to your blog in a while! It was great to catch up. And I am sooooo excited for you..congrats, again, on the baby! Yay!

Braydon Nielsen said...

Fun couches. I am happy for you. Shopping for babies is so fun. When Braydon and I had our first anniversary, we already had Mikayla and all I wanted to buy for our anniversary was stuff for Mikayla. Melissa