Remember when I said that Diana and Sam helped us pick up a huge storage cabinet for our kitchen on Memorial Day? Well it was stinkin' heavy and a huge pain to get up to our 3rd floor condo. Right after Sam and Di left, I realized that it was the wrong cabinet. Yikes! Scott and I were exhausted (and I didn't even help carry the darn thing), and we had no desire to deal with it for a few days. Okay, maybe I had the desire to have Scott deal with it. I did get pretty sick of the huge box sitting in the middle of our living room floor.
Anyway, a few days later Scott enlisted his dad and sister Karen to help him exchange the cabinet while I was working. And the next day, Di and Sam spent their Friday evening helping us put it together:

Di was the directions master, Sam was the cabinet expert, Scott was a grunt worker, and I, um, handed stuff to everyone.

I definitely appreciated Sam's exactness in measuring things as we went.

The finished project. Aren't we so Vanna-esque? And don't worry--we did play a game and watch a fabulous movie after all our hard work.
It took Scott and me another week to go get the wall anchors we needed for it and also to dare ask Sam and Di to come help us again, but it was all definitely worth the wait.
Now instead of keeping our food storage here...

...and here (under the bed in our guest room)...

...it all (almost) fits into one, super convenient cabinet...

...and we LOVE it! We still need to make/buy 3 more shelves to fit in all of our canned goods, but that is a project for another day/month.
Thanks tons Di and Sam for all your help!!!
11 comments:
It does look like a wonderful addition to the kitchen. Pantry space....can never have enough of that!
It looks so nice and organized! You want me to ask Sam to make you some more shelves? Ok, I will. I know you'll pay us back by helping us paint...again! Yay...
Wowzers...your cabinet is sooo organized!! :) I wish I had food storage like that. You are totally on the ball :)
I love it. In fact I want it. But not really because we have no space in our kitchen. But I'd take some shelving in our basement for food storage. Like you, ours is in one of the guest bedrooms. :)
Looks good and a great solution to your storage space - kitchen's never have enough. Though I must admit wondering as I've unloaded and packed cupboards and cabinets how I ever fit so much stuff in such a small kitchen!
I can see how you need more shelves, and it sounds like Diana has the answer. Aren't siblings wonderful! Good work; you should feel oh so prepared. Aunt Lynda
That is an impressive food storage collection. The cabinet looks like it turned out very well.
I love how in all the pictures, Sam and Diana are doing all the work while Scott just stands around looking helpless.
I was pretty helpless when it came to screwing that thing to the wall, but I did do a lot of the assembly, I wasn't nearly as uninvovled as those pictures make me look. It is a good addition. Maybe I will use some of the many small appliances we have now that they are more accessable.
Looks great! We on the other hand do not have a problem finding storage for food or really anything in our kitchen/living room, we even have empty cupboards still!
I love the organizing. Mostly because I can only imagine how happy it made you to get all of that stuff out of the odd places!
Post a Comment