It was fun to see our adorable little baby again, but our ob/gyn appointment after the ultrasound was quite disappointing. We saw the doctor for less than 5 minutes, which I'm guessing is pretty normal for a 14-week visit. All he did was listen to the baby's heartbeat. He said, "I think we'll be able to hear the heartbeat today." I said, "Yeah, we just heard it in the ultrasound, and we heard it here with you last month." I didn't mention the time we also heard it at the fertility clinic. The doctor seemed surprised that we had had an ultrasound that day, yet he was the one who ordered it last month. He barely glanced at the printout the ultrasound tech gave me to give to him. Yeah, it's really not a nice feeling to not be remembered. I'm not sure I can get used to not feeling as cared about as I felt at the fertility clinic. Needless to say, I jumped at the chance to see a different ob/gyn next month. Here's hoping the new ob/gyn seems to care a little more. I guess he better--he was my childhood bishop. Weird, I know. But I'm guessing it will be a non-intrusive visit. Here's hoping...
I'm just happy that I have a cute little baby growing inside of me!
9 comments:
So glad all is going well with this pregnancy.
Very exciting! So will they tell you the sex next time?
oh yeah! you're pregnant! I forgot :)
Hopefully you will like the other doctor better. Glad to hear that everything is going well!
That is par for course with doctors at military clinics, I guess that at least means that everything is routine and normal. With pregnancy, normal is wonderful!
I'm so glad all is going well! I'd see a different doctor too, if I were you. Although the short appts. are pretty typical.
I'm so excited for you guys! What's your exact due date? And where exactly are you guys living? I would love to see you sometime. Hope all is well.
It is so disconcerting to realize that the doctor has no idea who you are--I hate that! I don't think it's too much to ask that they briefly review the chart before they start talking to you. Anyway, glad this little one is well on the way. Thanks for the updates. Aunt Lynda
I try really hard to be forgiving of OBs, but it's hard. I know they have like 20,000 patients and they are all women and they all feel sick and they all have swollen feet and they all feel crampy, but you'd like them to at least look at the chart before they come in the room!
Post a Comment