...it was love at first sight. The picture does not do it justice. Most of the material is corduroy. And the colors are way cuter in person. So Scott and I had a little discussion. The six piece crib bedding (including this quilt, a crib bumper, dust ruffle, fitted sheet, diaper stacker, and valance) cost $190, but it was on sale for 20% off. Just $152 and well worth it in my opinion. So I went to ask the salesperson about their return policy, and she said we could return it within 90 days--just 15 days (give or take) after we find out the sex of our baby. So we bought it--along with an extra crib sheet, some matching wall decor, and an adorable mobile.
So now if we find out we're having a boy, we're all set. And if we're having a girl, we can just return the bedding and buy something else. Or keep it and have a tomboy baby girl. I don't hate that idea, but I'm pretty sure Scott does. Scott also thinks we jinxed ourselves into having a girl the minute we made this purchase, but I'm pretty sure the sex of our baby was determined back on April Fool's Day. :)
Ayway, I've been very happy with my new love--the crib bedding. I like to take it out to look at it from time to time--okay daily. It's just so cute.
But then yesterday I realized that I'm not truly in love with it. Yes, I do still love it and hope to keep it. But I've found a new love--a true love.
I'm totally, completely, insanely in love with...
Scott and I are both madly in love. This baby has definitely stolen our hearts already.
**And in case you're wondering, yesterday our fertility doctor found that the blood in my uterus has dissolved. Yay! I can exercise again and hopefully stop worrying. It was bittersweet to say good-bye to our amazing doctors and nurses at the Utah Fertility Clinic. We will miss their wonderful care and compassion. But deep down, we hope we never have to see them again. This morning I had my first appointment with my new ob/gyn. It was pretty strange to finally feel like I fit in at the ob/gyn office. It's all still a little surreal, but it's becoming more and more real all the time. I am SO blessed.
15 comments:
That is the bedding we want if we EVER have a boy. I am so excited for you! Congrats again!
That bedding is adorable! Crib bedding is so expensive so really you got a good deal especially since it is so cute! I'm so glad all is going well with your pregnancy!
Yah, I don't go in for crib bedding. Too much to have to clean when the baby vomits/spits-up/or poops all over it but you have fun with that. I agree with Scott - you're having a girl for sure now. And I wouldn't hold onto the bedding thinking the next one will be a boy or you'll end up like me - all girls! I am glad to hear that all is going well and I agree that it is amazing to see that little life and realize that there is a little person inside of you. Enjoy it!
Love the bedding. So cute and so you! I am glad to hear that the bleeding has stopped. Take care of yourself and try not to overdo. Enjoy every minute of being a parent. It is the best!
No fair that you have cute pictures of your baby already! I want to see my baby too! I think he/she looks like Scott. :)
Yeah!! Baby!!! Love the little ultrasound pics. It looks mostly like my 8 week ones did just a little longer arms and legs. And it is truly amazing. Can't wait for my 20 week ultrasound in two weeks. If I find I'm having a boy you just feel free to gift me that bedding. I'd take it off your hands. Especially since you are TOTALLY having a girl. :)
Very cute bedding! Seeing/hearing the heartbeat is amazing. Hope you're feeling well. I am SO excited for you guys :)
So I never comment on blogs and I don't really know how. But this calls for a comment. You are so sappy, Mary Ann! I love it! And I have never seen a cuter ultrasound picture. It makes my little heart happy. I'm so excited for you!! And I really will call you one of these days . . .
Congratulations!
Amelia (aka Amy)
So cute (baby and bedding)! I agree with whoever said he/she looks like Scott. ;)
not fair... you get a small person punching your insides.
How wonderful that you have progressed to a regular OB! We are grateful for that blessing.
I already gave my opinion on nursery decor...that being said, it is a cute blanket. Definately even better is hearing all is going well and my neice is healthy and strong with a mom that is the same. Best wishes with love, Shae
I'm just really glad you get to exercise:)
The bedding is so cute. I hope you get to use it for a boy! That first baby really gets all the good stuff, and it is great that the rest don't actually care much. Glad to hear you are doing well. Aunt Lynda
That blanket is super cute...how did I forget to make you show it to me last week when I was over? Your baby is adorable as well!!
Post a Comment