So yesterday was the last day of my 1st trimester, and today is officially the 1st day of my 2nd trimester. Yay! I'm so glad to be past the riskiest trimester. And right on schedule, some of my 1st tri symptoms are decreasing. Yesterday and today I have had more energy than usual. Nice. I had been super tired since about week 6. I never realized how tiring it is to be pregnant. It's a lot of work to make a baby. Um, you know what I mean. I seriously have never been so tired/sleepy in my life, and I've been quite sleep deprived many times throughout my life. I'm not complaining though. This is by far the best reason ever to be tired. And in case you are wondering, I haven't really been sick. I do have to eat more often or I feel a little sick, but I have rarely felt nauseated. I must admit that part of me secretly wished that I would get full-blown morning sickness--just so that it would all feel more real. But I definitely appreciate getting any break that I can along this journey toward motherhood.
We have another ultrasound this Wednesday. I'm sure I won't be able to resist posting about that.
1 year ago
12 comments:
Congratulations on reaching your milestone!! Enjoy the next 6 months.
Yeah! I'm glad you are out of the high risk zone too. I know that was comforting to me. I was surprised by the tiredness too. I am not a napper but I came home from work and slept almost every day in that first trimester. Sounds like I was a little more sick than you. It didn't make it seem any more real. Still doesn't feel real even though I can feel the little guy moving. I'm not sure it will be totally real until I bring home a baby.
That first trimester is exhausting! I was always glad to get past it. Can't wait to hear about you next ultrasound!
Will look forward to hearing about your ultrasound. I always found the second trimester to be the best one.
So excited and happy for you!
Oh I get it now. I've been twice as sick because I've been sick for me and you. You can thank me later.
I remember during the first trimester falling asleep on the couch as the other kid(s) were playing and dozing off and on for as long as I could get away with it. Yeah, the second trimester is by far the best! I look forward to more ultrasound pictures.
I can't imagine being more tired!
I agree. 2nd trimester was the best. Glad you're feeling less tired and I am SO glad that you did not have full-blown morning sickness. Had it with all 3 not fun, not fun at all.
I wouldn't wish bad morning sickness on anyone. It's a drag and feels more like an affliction than a pregnancy. How exciting that you have an ultrasound coming up! Enjoy!
It's far easier to sleep now before the baby comes. Once the baby comes, he/she becomes the boss of sleep for everyone in the family. Daddy too:)
I can't imagine anyone not feeling a little out of reality with a first pregnancy. I didn't want to have a baby shower for fear (irrational though it was) that somehow the baby wouldn't materialize. I gets real fast when you have that little bundle in your arms. Aunt Lynda
Post a Comment