This post marks our one-year blogging anniversary. Our first real post was about Spring Training last year. Happy Anniversary to Annie and Scottie!
We were happy to keep our Spring Training tradition alive this year. We love our yearly trip to sunny Arizona to watch my beloved Cubs and to spend time with some wonderful friends. We drove to Vegas late Thursday night after my group and spent the night at Scott's cousin's place (thanks, Tyler!), and then we drove to Mesa early Friday morning. We were just a little late to the Cubs game on Friday afternoon. I forgot my camera this trip (Scott was shocked), so I didn't get any pics of that game. Fortunately, my friend Melanie was kind enough to let me borrow her camera for the rest of the trip. She and Steve were also great to let us crash at their place for 2 nights. The pics:

Friday evening we met up with our fabulous friends for a delicious dinner at Joe's Farm Grill (loved the sweet potato fries!). I'm sad that it was the only picture I got of Melanie, Steve, and their 2 adorable boys. Jodi and Ryan cracked me up the next day when Jodi commented on Ryan's Joe vs the Volcano outfit in this picture.

Scott and I went early to Saturday's game to catch the tail end of batting practice. We enjoyed way too much food (Scott had to help me finish this 1/2 pound hot dog) and TONS of sunflower seeds. Yum!

Does it get any better than this? Baseball and beautiful weather. Love it.

The Cubs lost the 1st game we went to and tied the 2nd game. Lame. But I'd rather have them stink this year than get my hopes up...

Jodi and Ryan joined us for Saturday's game. Scott and Ryan didn't want to be in this picture, so I had the guy behind us take it of just me and Jodi. Can you tell that he was drunk?

The Italian ice was a perfectly delicious way to cool off in the sun.

I was beyond ecstatic to find a great replacement (left) for my broken Cubs key chain (right).

I'm so glad Scott supports me in my baseball fanaticism. Love him.
After Saturday's game, we spent the evening with everyone at Melanie's, eating great Mexican takeout and Jodi's brownies and just chatting. We went to church with Melanie and fam Sunday morning and then made the long trip home (with a quick pit stop in St. George to see my sister Melissa and her adorable kids). We were exhausted, but it was worth it.
GO CUBBIES!!!
4 comments:
GO CUBBIES? I thought you want them to stink! It was a fun trip, except the long drive home.
Fun!! So jealous you got to hang with Jodi and eat yummy brownies. I ate some from that very recipe on Saturday! You guys both look amazing (I mean it)!!
Sounds like a lot of fun! Yes, I should've gone with you...that sun looks so nice (as I look out my window at the snow). And it's such a small world that I know (kinda) both Melanie and Jodi. Melanie was in my Turnberry ward and Jodi worked with Kim. Crazy!
Oh that looks like so much fun! I'm so glad you could get out to enjoy the CUBS!!
Post a Comment