..it just lives on and on, my friends!
So we just barely took down our Christmas tree yesterday--exactly one month after Christmas--and there's a good reason for it. I swear. We were going to take it down a few days after New Year's, but then we discovered this:

Yes, folks. Those are new buds on the ends of the branches. Scott and I just could not bring ourselves to take down a tree that was not only
not dying but actually
thriving. We decided that we would keep it up until it died or until we left for Hawaii on the 16th. Well, when it was time to leave on our trip, our tree was still alive and thriving. So we decided to experiment to see how long it could live without us. And when we arrived home from Hawaii on the 24th, this is what we found:

Our tree was a little drier than when we left but still very much alive. Not surprisingly, spending a week in a tropical paradise made us more than ready to take down our still-living Christmas tree.
Now seriously, isn't that the freakiest tree you've ever heard of? It was up for 7 1/2 stinkin' weeks! And it still wasn't dead! Pretty amazing, eh?
**P.S. Pictures of Hawaii coming soon!
7 comments:
That's funny...really. Yay, I'm excited to see your Hawaii pics and hear about all the fun things you did!
I knew the charlie brown trees were the best!
Funny! Can't wait to see and hear about Hawaii. Glad you are home safe!
Definately would buy from that tree lot again. I always have the opposite extreme...trees that never drink the water and are dry three days later. Nice treee!
I might have found a place to plant it; something that tenacious deserves to live! Aunt Lynda
You should have taken the decorations off and kept it just to see how long it would stay alive. Looking forward to the Hawaii pictures.
Get rid of that fire hazard!!!
Post a Comment