Tuesday, January 12, 2010

In N Out at last

Last Friday I decided it was time to finally brave the crowds at In N Out. So after a 45-minute cardio workout at the rec, I felt somewhat justified to eat lunch there. And for the record, I made it *in and out* in record time:

12:58pm--I arrived at the end of the line of about 15 cars.

1:00pm--An In N Out worker took my order.

1:10pm--I paid my $5.

1:11pm--An In N Out worker handed me my double cheeseburger (I was hungry) with grilled onions, my fresh cut fries, and my Diet Coke with lemon.

1:12pm--I tore into the deliciousness in the Burlington Coat Factory parking lot. (I apologize to the worker who had to clean up the tomato I threw out the window--I forgot to ask them to hold it.)

The food was well worth the less-than-15-minute wait (which I'm sure would have been even less if I had gone inside).

Welcome to Utah County, In N Out!

**Due to Scott's earlier post claiming that I am an In N Out addict, I feel the need to clarify a little. One of the reasons I like In N Out so much is because the food is fresher, tastier, and less greasy than any other fast food I've tried. And I'm a total sucker for fresh cut fries. But the main reason I love In N Out is pure nostalgia. When I would visit my grandma in Southern California the last few years of her life, she often wanted to eat at In N Out because it was the easiest thing she could eat with her hand tremors. So we'd pick up our burgers and fries and then drive to the beach to watch the surfers while we ate. And we'd always save a few fries to throw to the seagulls. Oh, the memories.

8 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Sounds kind of good - I haven't had in and out in ages. I may just have to go.

K-Krew said...

It's been forever since I've been to one...too bad I live on the East coast.

Grammyzanne said...

Even if the food wasn't as fresh and good as it is those memories would keep me a regular customer.

Stacey said...

I feel good about nostalgia driving you to enjoy In N Out. I didn't know I wasn't alone in my memories of eating fries while watching surfers.

Barbara said...

Makes me want to try it--guess maybe I'll brave it sometime soon.

Lynda/Mom said...

Nostalgia trumps all! And the food is OK. Aunt Lynda

Jason&Shannon said...

I guess you make a valid point for eating at IN and OUt and being so excited to have one in Utah Valley. You could even still feed sea gulls.

Megan Campbell Carter said...

Ugh still not my favorite...but I respect the nostalgia aspect. I'll take a 5 guys anytime and I can't wait to try Smashburger when it gets it here...I hear it's delicious.