Friday, January 15, 2010

late Christmas letter

Here's the Christmas letter we sent out this year. If you didn't receive one, you're in the vast majority. That's why I'm posting this.

2009—Year of Firsts

Merry late Christmas and Happy New Year!

January—I ventured into the world of Facebook, and Scott and I enjoyed our first stay at a bed and breakfast in St. George to celebrate our one-year anniversary (early).

February—Scott and I celebrated our actual 1st anniversary eating Indian food, and a few days later we went to the Melting Pot for Scott’s first time to celebrate Valentines Day.

March—We started our first blog, and I spent my first weekend away from Scott at a cabin with some girlfriends. On our annual trip to Arizona for Spring Training, the Cubs won both of their games (a definite first).

April—I gave 2 months’ notice for the first time ever, and we planted our first garden on our balcony.

May—I decided to start my first business, a private practice for mental health therapy. Lots of firsts there.

June—My car was stolen for the first time (not fun), and Scott and I went to Alabama (first for us both) and DisneyWorld (Scott’s first) with his sister and her family (very fun). Scott also got his first pedicure and liked it.

July—I started running a couple of victims groups for the Children’s Justice Center. Scott and I also went to Brianhead (first time together) for the Clayson family reunion (super good times).

August—I bought a new car (second time ever—not first), and I finally completed reading the Harry Potter series. Scott and I hiked and camped in the snow (a first) in the Uintas with his family. And we got lost there (another first).

September—I had my first major dental work (tooth extraction and bridge) thanks to biting into something hard in an ice cream bar that broke my tooth in half. We also took Scott’s 22-year-old cousin to see his first ever baseball game (I still can’t believe it). I later met former Cubs player Luis Gonzalez at another Owlz game.

October—We canceled our gym membership and got one at the rec center for the first time. We also had season BYU football tickets in the student section for the first (and hopefully last) time as non-students (too old for that).

November—I tried an eggnog shake (at Iceberg) and a sculpting class (exercise at the rec) for the first time. Scott and I also went to the symphony for the first time together (quite romantic).

December—We got our first Charlie Brown Christmas tree (Scott’s choice this year, but it’s grown on me), and we saw the lights at Thanksgiving Point for the first time. I also got called as the 1st counselor in the RS presidency, and Scott serves as an assistant ward clerk for about his 5th first time. :)

We’ve done much less traveling this year, although I didn’t mention several quick road trips we’ve taken. We are headed to Hawaii next week (Scott’s first time) to celebrate our anniversary. Yay!

We love you all and hope you had a fabulous holiday season!

Mary Ann & Scott

5 comments:

MaryAnn said...

I did get your Christmas letter and card but mostly I wanted to say that I went and got In and Out for lunch today and I thought of you!

Robinson Family said...

Wow, Hawaii! We will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary and I can't even dream of Hawaii! Enjoy the travel while you can. It sounds like you had a great year with lots of excitement! Good luck in 2010.

karen louise said...

What a fantastic year of firsts! Even though there were some downers :(....I am so jealous you are going to Hawaii! That is great, and I wish you a very happy Anniversary! :)

Stacey said...

Clever theme. I don't know how you remembered all those details.

glarcy said...

Wow, I don't think there's anything left for you guys to do....