Anyway, I spent most of Saturday cleaning so that I would be in the right state of mind to work on projects. Sunday I worked on my never-ending organizing-pictures project. And on Monday, I spent most of the day bringing great relief and peace into my life by completing several projects--from getting caught up on business paperwork that has been hanging over my head for months to finally hanging some shelves in Hannah's room that have been sitting on her dresser since before she was born. I know, I know. I'm totally lame. But I'm especially leery of any and all home improvement projects. Amazingly, I proudly used our drill for the first time and finally got those shelves up. Phew!
The shelves aren't perfectly straight, but I'm letting go of my perfectionism and feeling ok with them.
And now we can display more cute pics of Hannah.
Here's proof that we did do a few fun things over the weekend, for Hannah's sake...
We attended Hannah's cousins' basketball game. Cute Cole.
Cool Clay.
Hannah sure loves her cousins.
We also spent an evening with my grandma and took Hannah to Trafalga twice. She can't get enough of her "pink ball," "golf club," "pretty stamp" (on her hand), and "driving" (boring video game). It's nice that she's so easily pleased.
And I'm very pleased with all that I was able to accomplish last weekend. And incredibly relieved. Only about 4 more months until I never seem to get another project finished again. Except for keeping a second human being alive and happy. :)
3 comments:
oh boy! My list of projects is so long I just have to mostly ignore it and think of the days when our cute little kiddos will be in school. Jacob once asked me if I'd want to work or be bored when that day comes and I laughed. Finally some time to get some projects done!
I love productive weekends, maybe even more so than the fun weekends. I'm wierd like that.
It feels good to get stuff done and it doesn't happen much when you have little kids! Enjoy the feeling!
Post a Comment