Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Fame & Five years

This past weekend we almost missed out on a road trip for the 2nd weekend in a row, this time due to the weather (last time was due to Hannah being sick and not wanting her to get Scott's new nephew sick). We ended up leaving Saturday afternoon instead of Friday afternoon. But we made the most of our Friday night home--ordering pizza, taking Hannah miniature golfing & video game driving (Hannah's obsessed) at Trafalga, eating a cazookie at The Chocolate, and then watching good ol' Dateline. We took my niece Faith down to St. George with us, and she had the magic touch for keeping Hannah perfectly content. Fortunately, the weather wasn't bad at all, and we made it there safely and in plenty of time to have dinner with my sis and her fam before attending my niece's play. It was a very fun but short trip, as we headed home soon after morning church was over. The weather on the way home was a bit worse, but we made it home safely. And we're very glad we went.

 Saturday was also mine and Scott's 5th wedding anniversary. Since we had already celebrated a few weeks ago, we just gave each other cards and treats. I love my pickled ginger--yum!

 Scott sure loves those lemon heads.

 Half of the gang waiting for the play to start.

 And the other half. Hannah was totally mesmerized by the play.

Mikayla was a musician (singer and dancer) in the play Fame, and she did a fabulous job!

 The awesome Nielsen fam.

The Carters with Faith and Mikalyla.

Hannah and Katelyn wore their matching Christmas jammies. Super cute!

Rylan gave us his room and made an amazing bed for himself in the living room.

Hannah LOVED spending time with all her cousins.

Crazy kiddos!

Good, good times. Oh, and have I mentioned how glad I am that I married Scott 5 years ago? Well, I am. :)

2 comments:

bullfrogranch said...

I can't believe it's been 5 years of marriage for you lovebirds. That went fast. Congratulations!!! Thanks for posting pictures. We miss you and our cute cousins.

Megan Campbell Carter said...

hahahaha... cute butt. John only wishes I would send that card. haha! Super cute pics! So glad Logan got to see Hannah a few times this week! He loved seeing her at school.