Wednesday, November 28, 2012

It's beginning to look a little like Christmas...

Yup, Christmas decorating is a slow-go for me this year. Usually within a day or two of Thanksgiving, I have all my decorations up and often the Christmas tree too. This year we were busy with family right after Thanksgiving, and then I spent almost 2 days of the weekend on bedrest thanks to some heavy bleeding that has fortunately cleared up. (And thankfully, we saw a healthy baby's heartbeat on an ultrasound on Monday, so I am done with bedrest).

Last night (Monday), I was in desperate need of some Christmas cheer, so I had Scott get out all of our decorations. And I put up some of them in spite of having a filthy home and not much energy for decorating or anything else (thanks to good ol' first-trimester fatigue). I'm thinking that this year, Christmas decorating is going to be at least a week-long process. Oh well. Better late than never. :)

 Although I did start listening to Christmas music just a couple of days after Halloween, we were a few weeks late pulling out the lower Christmas tree advent calendar from my in-laws. And I just barely got all the Lifesavers put on it last night. Let me tell you, it was exhausting unwrapping 85 Lifesavers and carefully placing them. And now we just need to find a strong nail to hang it on so that we can take it out of it's hiding-from-Hannah place in the guest room.

 Much to Scott's dismay, his adorable paper Santa made it onto our front door again.

We bought another huge wreath at CostCo this year, which stayed on our balcony for almost a week after we bought it.





 This morning, Scott said that Hannah walked around looking and pointing at all the Christmas decorations while saying, "Ho, Ho, Ho" repeatedly. Although coming from Hannah it sounds more adorably like "Oh, Oh, Oh." :)

Here's a bonus pic of Hannah the day after Thanksgiving looking super cute in her new Christmas outfit.


Now I just need to muster the energy to clean my home so that I can get the rest of the decorations up, not to the mention the tree. It is my year to get a "bush," so stay tuned. :)


P.S. Google tells me I've run out of free space to store photos for my blog, so I signed up to pay $2.49 a month for more storage. Am I dumb? Is there a better way?

4 comments:

Jason&Shannon said...

I am slow putting Christmas Decorations up too, but am blaming it on Thanksgiving being early this year. I also have been busy getting gifts mailed off and now need to vacuum, dust, etc before I will even begin to start decorating. Why is it I have to start with a clean house before decorating for the season? Love your tree with lifesavers. Also am glad to see Scott's santa made it on your front door again. Hannah's Christmas outfit is super cute! I don't know about the blogging question.

Elmer said...

Google must've recently changed something because I got the sam emessage about photos and so did several other friends. Grr! From what I can tell, as long as you upload smaller picture sizes it doesn't count towards your quota. Do you use Picasa? If you export your photos from there into a new folder it will automatically resize them for you. I'm going to try that. I'll let you know if it works. Otherwise I'll be paying the monthly fee as well. Ugh. Oh, and cute decorations! I can't wait to see your big tree. :)

glarcy said...

My consolations to scott on getting a big tree this year. And Hannah looks like a super cute elf!

I haven't gotten that message about pictures but I do try to shrink mine quite small before uploading them to a blog. Maybe that's why? Also, I don't usually post *quite as many pictures as you :)

Julia said...

I had a similar problem... So, blogger uses Picasa Web Albums to store your photos, but they are switching over to google+ to do that. Basically to solve the problem you need to get a google+ account. When you do that they will automactically shrink your photos to a smaller size. Anything under that size limit is then "free" to store. If you want to add bigger pictures you can but only up to a certain amount (which is the amount you have probably reached). Then you should be able to just upload photos to your blog and they will resize them to the free amount automatically, letting you put on as many pictures as you would like on your blog. That wasn't working for me still which was totally frustrating! Anyway, my blogger was still giving me problems if I try to upload straight from my computer. I figured out that if I upload my pictures into google+ (which is where all your blog photos are stored ...the 'new' picasa web) and then from the blog I upload from "Picasa Web Albums" onto my blog. It seems like one extra step, but uploading from picasa web albums doesn't take too long once they are already up there. So, that is how I had gotten it to work for me. If you need more help let me know, I know how frustrating it can be to 'run out of space' for your pictures!