We started our Halloween festivities by attending John & Megan's annual Halloween trunk-or-treat party a few days before Halloween...
Hannah was an adorable elephant, but there were no actual trunks with treats.
She did find plenty of treats inside, along with her cute cousins.
The day before Halloween we carved our big pumpkin...
Hannah observed from a distance while Scott began the knife work.
After watching Scott scoop out some of the guts, Hannah was ready to dig in.
And boy did she go to town!
It totally surprised us that she didn't mind the gooey-ness.
And it cracked us up that she knew exactly what to do. Reach, grab, discard goo.
Our cute, pumpkin-guts-grabbing pro.
The face I carved. I know, I'm a creative genius.
The face Scott carved. Amazing as well.
Our two-faced pumpkin. Watch out--it will stab you in the back! :)
Halloween day...
Hannah enjoyed trick-or-treating at her daddy's alien-infested office. She called the blown-up purple alien "guy."
Then I took this cute elephant to watch her cousins' school costume parade.
Hannah the elephant with a beautiful queen, a cute Lego transformer, and a handsome football player.
We went to Salem to trick-or-treat in my parents' neighborhood, and Charlie Brown (aka Jana) joined us.
Hannah absolutely loved getting candy and would repeatedly say "more" in between houses.
The kids, post trick-or-treating
The elephant with her always creative peanut parents. :)
After dinner in Salem, we headed to trunk-or-treat in Santaquin and got quite the haul of candy.
After a quick visit with Grandma Meservy, we went to Scott's parents' house where Hannah enjoyed a sucker.
And she also enjoyed playing with her great-aunt Barbara, as well as the light sticks her grandma gave her.
I then went to my friend Carla's party while Scott brought Hannah home to sleep. What a day!
Our few decorations.
And today..
We finally cooked and froze our baking pumpkins for delicious pumpkin soup.
And we used my mom's yummy recipe to roast the seeds (which are way better than regular seeds).
We hope you all had a great Halloween! Now I'm ready for Christmas and am already listening to Christmas music! :)
3 comments:
I'm jealous of the seeds. How did I forget to roast pumpkin seeds this year?!
cute elephant! I think Isaac and Hannah would really enjoy each other at this stage. Too bad it could be a while before they get to see each other.
Such cute pictures. I am glad that you blogged your experience. Melissa
Post a Comment