Monday, November 12, 2012

half & half birthday

I turned 36 a few days ago, which means I have now spent half of my life as an adult and half of it as a child. That makes me feel really old. These past 18 years definitely seemed to go by faster than the first 18.

I did have a good birthday...

 I spent all day watching Hannah and her cousin Brinton, as well as watching the beautiful snow falling like crazy.

 I spent the evening eating delicious Thai food with good friends and family. Not sure why Hannah looks asleep in this pic--she definitely was very much awake and active during dinner. :)

I just had to get a pic of Hannah in her cute new boots and coat.

 
I spent the rest of the evening eating delicious cake made by Carla (not pictured),

 
singing karaoke,

 (Hannah was really into singing and dancing and totally stole the show),

and playing Hummble, the funnest game ever of name that tune and charades all in one!


It really was a fun birthday. The rest of my birthday weekend was half & half too--half up and half down, a roller coaster of events and emotions which I may or may not blog about later. Good, good times. :)

2 comments:

Elmer said...

I'm glad you had a happy birthday! I'm so sorry I missed your party...darn surprise babies and snowstorms! I'll make it up to you soon. :)

Sandy Brunson said...

Glad you had a good birthday! And I'm happy, hopeful and prayerful the roller coaster is over.