Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hannah's 1st Cubs game!

I was thrilled to be able to take our usually-annual trip to Arizona for Cubs Spring Training this past weekend. We weren't able to go last year, due to Hannah's health problems and her follow-up surgery. So this was her very first Cubs game ever! And I'll admit that I got a wee bit sentimental. I may have teared up several times on the drive down, just thinking about how amazing it was going to be to be with Hannah at a Cubs game. And I was not disappointed. :)

Anyway, we had a blast! Scott, Hannah, and I drove to St. George late Thursday night (after my group) to stay with my sister and her fam. We left pretty early the next morning and made it to Mesa by late afternoon. (Can I just tell you how much I love the new, scary road that helps you bypass the dang dam?!) Friday night, we enjoyed dinner at Vitos (Italian) with 2 of my favorite friends from college, Jodi and Melanie, and Jodi's fam. Melanie's husband stayed home with their kids and Hannah because one of their kids had thrown up right before the baby-sitter arrived. Good times.

Don't let this adorable pic fool you. Hannah did not nap well in the car at all!

Hannah was fascinated by Mr. Potato Head at Melanie's house..

Our tired baby right before we left for dinner.

Hannah was so tired that she actually fell asleep sitting in this chair, holding her baby doll. This never happens.

Saturday morning, Hannah napped while I ran to the store with Melanie. Then we all headed to the Cubs game.

Hannah in the cute onesie I found for her at Walmart down there.

Her onesie says Cubs Love.

Jodi, Ryan, and their adorable baby.

The lovely Easthope family!

Hannah really loved being there--she just needed a little nap.

And she absolutely loved this straw.

Hannah and Anna together. They will be roommates one day!


Melanie and me with our babes.

Even though we were in a pretty crappy spot on the lawn, I still loved the view. Take me out to the ballgame...


Hannah looks ready to get out of there. :)

Right after the game on Saturday, we drove to Scott's sister's house in Vegas to spend the night.

Hannah enjoyed playing with her cousins (no pics taken).

I tried to get a good shot of Hannah's cute, chubby legs.

After Sacrament Meeting, we met up with our good friend Emily to drive home.

We took a little pit stop in St. George to hang with my sister and her fam. Hannah loved being with her cousins!

Cutie patooties!

The ride home was nice. I enjoyed chatting with Emily.

And Hannah enjoyed being entertained by Emily!

Unfortunately, Hannah had her first experience with throwing up in the car, just 2 hours before we arrived home. Nasty! Poor baby!

Hannah's souvenir.

GO CUBS!!!

5 comments:

Elmer said...

Yay for roadtrips! Even when they involve vomit in the backseat. :)

Megan Campbell Carter said...

I love the potato head. I'm so an advocate that every child who is old enough have a potato head, even if it's a cubs baseball one. :)

MaryAnn said...

Pucking in the car is the worst. I love the potato head - so cute!

Braydon Nielsen said...

Hannah is adorable. Love the winter pics. Rylan was excited to see his picture on your blog.
Melissa

Melanie said...

I'm finally getting caught up reading your blog!! So much fun to have you here. We love you all tons! So sorry we got Hannah sick--and in your car. Yuck! Next year I promise everyone will be 100% healthy! Hannah is the cutest Cubs fan ever!