Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Few of Hannah's Favorite Things

I thought I'd commemorate Hannah's 15 months of life by telling you 15 of Hannah's favorite things (in no particular order). Some are new favorites and some are old. And I, of course, find them all absolutely adorable and endearing. :)

1- People
Hannah has always loved people. She is so friendly to everyone and quite the flirt with the guys. Today in church, she spent half of Sacrament Meeting smiling at, waving at, and holding the finger of a male visitor sitting next to us. I'm pretty sure she was hoping to charm her way into getting his phone. Hannah also shows sweet compassion for other babies and little kids by smiling and waving at them when they are crying, and she has even helped several of them calm down at church. Super cute!

2- Books
Hannah still can't get enough of them. She wants me to read to her all the time. But I really prefer to listen to her "read." It's so stinkin' cute!

"Your turn, Mommy."

3- Music/Dancing
Hannah spends much of her day making sure that her music-making toys are making music. She loves to bounce, rock, wave her hands, and shake her head to the beat. And she'll dance to anything with rhythm--rock music, classical music, lullabies, nursery rhymes, finger plays, hymns, and even the dishwasher at times. So funny!

4- Jabbering
Hannah is quite the chatterbox. She has consistently said mama and dada for quite awhile, and she now consistently says baby, ball ("bah"), and bye ("buh"). Hannah can also say several other words--thank you, please, hi, hello, amen, that, book, dog, duck, Hannah, Jesus--but she is very inconsistent and a bit stubborn about saying them. Her very favorite things to say repeatedly are doidle doidle doidle, be-duh be-duh, and me-nuh me-nuh. I have no idea what she thinks she is saying, but it sounds very important. Oh, and Hannah signs a little. She has signed "more" for several months and recently decided to start signing "please." It's super cute and irresistible! And her aunt Diana just taught her how to sign candy too. Funny!

5- Praying
Hannah absolutely loves to pray. Throughout the day, she likes to suddenly fold her arms and grunt for me to say a prayer. One day I said about 10 prayers right in a row. Sometimes Hannah will fold her arms and start to jabber her own prayer. The other day while Scott was alone with her, Hannah folded her arms, pointed at a picture of Jesus, and then folded her arms again. Way cute that she is making the connection.

6- Kissing/Hugging
Hannah has loved kissing and hugging her baby dolls for several months. But she will now kiss pretty much anything with a face--her stuffed animals, a star with a face drawn on it, pictures of people, books with people, and even my nephew's super ugly wrestling action figure. Hannah is still very intense when she kisses and usually growls when she does so. Scott and I absolutely love it when she smothers us with hugs and kisses.

Mwah!

What a sweetie!

7- Walking (with her walker)
Hannah loves to crawl, but she is starting to love to walk with us helping her and especially with a new walker she got from her physical therapist. It's so cute! Hannah's really close to walking on her own, and I think the walker is increasing her confidence.

Adorable! (even if she does look a bit like a polio patient :))

8- Buttons
While Hannah does like buttons on clothes, her favorite buttons are on remote controls, toys, tv's, computers, phones, and whatever else she can get her hands on. She knows which remote control does what and which buttons to push to make things happen. And she knows which button to push to open the cd thing on my laptop. Good times.

Hannah loves to sneak to the side of my laptop to see how many keys she can push before I can close it.

9- Prunes/oatmeal/chicken nuggets/green beans/ice cream/Nutella
These are Hannah's current favorite foods, but that can change at the drop of a hat. She's still very inconsistent about eating. Silly girl.

10- Being outside
Poor Hannah has been stuck inside way too much these past couple of months. But thanks to some great weather and my improved health, this past week we went on several walks. And Hannah absolutely loved it. She kicks her legs with joy throughout most of our walks. And she of course waves at everyone she sees.

"How old are you, Hannah?" "One!"

You can't see it, but Hannah is kicking for joy.

11- Head, shoulders, knees, and toes
Hannah likes to do actions to songs like Twinkle, Twinkle, and The Itsy Bitsy Ladybug (my version). But currently her favorite one to do many times throughout the day is Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes. She doesn't usually get all the body parts right, but it sure is adorable to see her try.

12- Baths
Hannah has always loved baths, and she continues to love to play in the bath tub. Our favorite part of bath time is when Hannah smiles and waves at us immediately upon being placed in the water. I think she is thanking us for letting her take a bath.

13- Making messes
Since her crawling debut a couple of months ago, Hannah has become an expert at making messes. I just love watching her explore, so I usually allow it. Now I just need to teach her to clean up after herself.

This pic shows both Hannah's mess-making skills as well as her "reading" skills.

"Oh, hi Mom. Now you can read it!"

14- Her mommy and daddy
It really is an incredible feeling to be loved so deeply by such an amazing little girl. Scott is still the one Hannah likes the most when she wants fun and laughter, and I am usually the one she wants the most when she is tired or hungry. I'm so glad that she loves us both.

15- Jesus
Hannah points at pictures of Jesus several times a day and waves at Him. She has even called him "Jee" a few times. Today in church, Hannah was looking at a picture of Jesus in a cute board book and gave Him a huge, growly kiss. So precious.

Happy 15 months of life to our Hannah baby!


One bonus pic of Hannah chewing on her tongue--one of her favorite teething past times. Hannah has 15 teeth now!

3 comments:

Elmer said...

She looks so grown up in that polio walker picture. ;) What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

I looove Hannah bear! Lots of smooches to her cute cheekies! ahhh :)

glarcy said...

Judging from all the evangelical Christians I taught on my mission, I think that Hannah speaks in tongues.