Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lots o' Love

Last year I decided that Valentine's Day would no longer be a romantic day in our family but rather a day to celebrate our love as a family. I've never been a big fan of Valentine's Day anyway, having spent the vast majority of my life without a Valentine. And Scott and I are always totally romanced-out after celebrating our anniversary just 5 days previous. I would really just much rather focus on making Hannah feel loved than contribute to any romantic expectations she might eventually have for this holiday.

So this is how we celebrated this year:

Hannah played and tore apart her room. I just love watching this baby explore. But don't worry--I do set some limits. :)

Hannah played some more while wearing her cute heart shirt.

Then Scott came home from work, and I went to work.

When I got home (after a brief stop to see some friends), we exchanged handmade valentines, and Hannah got a cute ladybug valentine from us with yummy animal cookies inside.

We then ate a delicious meal (cilantro lime chicken tacos) prepared by Scott.

And we also let Hannah enjoy the sucker her Clayson grandparents gave her with her valentine.

It was a great Valentine's Day! I LOVE my little family!!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

I love your little family too!!