Hannah's 14th tooth broke through yesterday, and today she is 14 months old. I can't believe she has 14 teeth, but I mostly can't believe she is 14 months old!!! That's how far apart my mom had me and each of my 4 sisters (except for the last 2 who were a whopping 20 months apart, with a miscarriage in there too). I can't imagine having a newborn now. Hannah is still my little baby.
I don't know about the rest of you mommies, but it is nearly impossible for me or Scott (or Hannah's pediatrician) to get a good look inside Hannah's mouth. I have tried every trick in the book, but she catches on quickly and is fiercely opposed to having anyone stick anything in her mouth. I'm pretty sure she is making up for all the tubes and scopes that were shoved in her mouth and down her throat during her hospital stays. Anyway, it's just been hard to keep up with Hannah's teeth coming in due to her opposition and also because she doesn't have the normal symptoms (drooling, fever, irritability). Occasionally, there seems to be a correlation between her teething and her not eating or sleeping as well. but it could also be a coincidence since Hannah is fairly inconsistent about eating and napping anyway. Whenever I am actually able to catch a quick glimpse into Hannah's mouth, I usually have to estimate how long a certain tooth has been poking through. Hence, Hannah's teething section in her baby book will not be completely accurate--a fact that my OCD self is trying to get over.
So now Hannah only has 6 molars to go. We've been told that it is unusual for babies to get their cuspids before their molars, but Hannah had all but one of hers before she started getting molars. We've also been told that Hannah is pretty young to have so many teeth, but we're not sure if that's true because we stopped reading books about "normal" development a long time ago. Hannah certainly marches to the beat of her own drum, you know. But we wouldn't want her any other way.
Here's a picture I took a couple days ago of Hannah enjoying some chicken nuggets with Ranch for dipping:
1 year ago
4 comments:
Wow! That is a lot of teeth. I'm pretty sure she has Isaac beat but he's kinda the same about letting us look in there these days.
What a cute ranch covered face. Her hair seems to be growing nicely also.
Can Hannah teach Eva how to grow teeth? Eva finally has 3 teeny tiny ones. It makes eating a little difficult. :)
I love her little chubby ranchy cheeks! What a big girl!
Post a Comment