Hannah has made some incredible progress this week. By Wednesday, she had perfected crawling. It's no longer funny-looking, just a little slow. I think it helped that we followed Hannah's physical therapist's advice to make Hannah spend Tuesday and Wednesday crawling to anything she wanted (minus food or sleep). It seemed kind of mean at first (I'm a bit paranoid about making my daughter feel neglected--in my line of work, I've seen too many tragic results in children who have been truly neglected), but it paid off. Hannah quickly discovered how much she enjoys crawling and exploring more freely.

I didn't dare take a picture of Hannah crawling until Thursday. I was afraid I would distract her too much. I was right.

Distracted, mid-crawl. Silly baby.
Although Hannah has theoretically been able to get wherever she wants (by rolling) since she was about 5 months old, she never showed much desire to go anywhere until this week. Now she's finally getting into mischief, and we love it.

Her new favorite place to explore is the tv stand.

And we let her. We're total softies, I know. But just look at that smile on her face.

We even let her pick several leaves off of a plant and play with them (not pictured), until she started to put one in her mouth. Even softies have limits.
Hannah has also started pulling herself up to furniture on her own. So exciting for us! Apparently too exciting to remember to take pictures of it.
A couple more random pics:

Hannah is currently obsessed with her tongue and remote controls again.

What a cutie!

Sleepover with her cousins. Good times!
Thanks again for all of your prayers and support! Hannah has truly been blessed because of all of you!
3 comments:
Yeah Hannah! It's pretty fun when they start to explore more freely. And then it becomes less fun pretty quickly... :)
imagine being happy about your child getting into mischief! But, I'm happy right along with you :)
I love it! My kids would pull out all the videos like that. So funny!
Good job sweet Hannah!!!!
Post a Comment