Is that enough C's for you, Melissa Cox? :)
Last Friday, Scott and I had one last camping trip planned at exotic Nunn's Park with our friends Carla, Melissa, Stacey, and Emily. I went up early to set up our tent to reserve a spot. It was hot and sunny then. But by the time we all got up there around dinnertime, it was pouring rain. We were glad to be so close to home so we could easily change plans.

Right before we gave up and left. I can't believe Melissa's brother and sister were actually able to get a fire started in that rain.

We headed to Melissa's mom's house for delicious tin foil dinners cooked in the oven and corn on the cob roasted on the grill. We also played Wits & Wagers and chatted.

Oh, and we roasted marshmallows for s'mores. Who needs a fire anyway? Scott was very happy to sleep in his bed that night.

We spent most of Saturday canning pickles. We accidentally got twice as many cucumbers as we usually do. YUM!

We ended up with 42 jars of pickles, and later we also canned 18 jars of chile sauce. Not sure where we're going to put the tomatoes we still plan on canning.

We did take a break from our canning to celebrate our good friend Jen's birthday. She loved getting on the saddle at Texas Roadhouse. And then we had friends over for cake and ice cream and to play Scum. Fun!
It was a busy, fun, productive weekend!
5 comments:
Chili sauce and spinach - yummy. Homemade pickles - yummy. I may have to come visit you guys.
What a fun camping trip that was! We should make it an annual tradition.
Cilie sauce and pickles galore! What canners you two are this time of year. It always makes me think I need to start doing the same before my kids get much bigger.
almost enough C's... but I wish you would have said "(cind of)" instead of "(kind of)"
Hi Mary Ann. So fun to see what you are up to. You manage to keep so busy doing fun things. Hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment