Thursday, May 20, 2010

BYU Baseball

Well, since Scott has yet to be motivated to post, I'm just gonna do it myself.

Scott and I only made it to 4 BYU baseball games this season due to conflicts in our schedule as well as the yucky Spring weather we have had. Turns out Scott's not a big fan of watching baseball in the snow. Go figure. Here are some pictures of BYU's last home game this past Tuesday. Scott actually wanted to brave the rain. Way good times.

Gotta love the beautiful mountains in the background!

It wasn't raining when we first arrived, but our seats were very wet. Thank you to the nice, well-prepared guy that let us borrow his towel to wipe them off.

Scott would only agree to one try at a group self-shot (with our friend Jen). I'm pretty sure he wasn't thrilled with the result.

This is my favorite BYU player, Sean McNaughton. I do like the fact that he hits well, but my favorite thing about him is the song that plays every time he comes up to bat--"My Life Be Like Ooh Ah, Oo-ooh." I have no idea who sings it, but it makes my day!

And last but not least, the reason for my deep love of the Cubs--Vance Law. He is now the head coach for BYU, but he used to play 3rd base for the Cubs back on that fateful day when I fainted in church and ended up watching my first Cubs game. I love Vance!

My only regret is that we never got a picture of us in our rain ponchos later in the game.

Here's to lots more baseball all Summer! I can't wait for the Orem Owlz to start their season next month! Whoo whoo!

5 comments:

Elmer said...

Vance Law was on my committee when I worked for Provo and we were trying to get a baseball team. What a nice guy! And tell Scott if he writes a blog then I will let him borrow my OC Season 2 DVDs. :)

MaryAnn said...

Baseball in the rain - sounds like fun!

glarcy said...

I think "that fateful day when I fainted in church and ended up watching my first Cubs game." would make a good blog post title. Or a band name.

Lynda/Mom said...

Baseball--not a fan even in good weather. I never did quite get it. Sorry! But I'm glad you guys enjoy it. Aunt Lynda

Braydon Nielsen said...

We love baseball. Wish we could be enjoying those games with you. Maybe in June... Melissa