So please tell me that I'm not the only ER junkie left out there. I watched the first 3 1/2 seasons back in the mid-90's, and then I left on my mission. Since then, I had only caught an occasional episode here and there until last year. About mid-season I rediscovered ER, and I was quickly hooked. I even found myself surprisingly liking "Uncle Jesse" as the new heartthrob doctor. At the end of the season, I couldn't wait for this year's 15th and final season. I have faithfully watched every episode this season (more often taped than not--yes, we still use VHS to record). It all culminated last night in a 3-hour grand finale--one hour of ER highlights and interviews with the actors and then a 2-hour final episode. Scott mocks me for my addiction, but he watched every last minute of those three hours (although he claims he was just washing dishes during the first hour--whatev). I'll admit that I teared up a few times, but I couldn't really cry in front of mean old Scott. :) I don't know exactly what it is about that show that I love so much because I really am the hugest wimp about blood and the like. I think I might be addicted to the trauma and drama (as if I don't get enough of that in my own field of work). Last night the actors kept referring to the characters as "flawed heroes," so maybe that's the big draw for me. All I really know for sure is that my Thursday evenings won't ever be quite the same. Adios, ER! I will miss you!! (At least I still have The Office, right?)
NOTE: I tried to add a photo of Uncle Jesse/Dr. Gates, but apparently I have no clue how to do that correctly. Please HELP!
1 year ago
8 comments:
That is pretty funny. I turned on the 2 hour show last night but I missed the first hour. I have not watched the show in years, but I did enjoy the episode last night. I didn't even know John Stamos was on the show or the Noah Wiley was still on.
I was a faithful viewer until a couple of years ago when Carter left. But I watched the whole thing last night and loved it. I cried like a baby every time Dr. Green was even mentioned...the episode when he died is still the saddest thing I've ever seen on a TV show.
Okay...I have many comments. First and foremost I used to be a huge fan of the show and am a little sad I missed the big finale. And I will admit that I have cried at that show before. The episode where Susan leaves and Dr. Green is standing there on the platform of the train...too much! I get choked up just thinking about it. (Yeah, I get mocked by family for that one for sure!) And when I used to have my netflix account I re-watched all the seasons up to Ross's farewell. And now I'm going to have to renew my netflix account just so I can see all 3 hours of the finale.
But I also must admit that the show went downhill for me when Dr. Ross left, and then again when Dr. Carter left. And don't even get me started on Dr. Green. I think his whole romance with Elizabeth was a little lame. And I thought his death was a little cheesey...but I watched it just the same.
As for your difficulty posting a picture how did you try and do it?
At LEAST you still have the office?? Whatdya talkin about? That show rules the house!! ;)
I think the cubs spring training photos you put up looked great. You could just do it like you did those if you want. Loved this post!...'mean ol' scott'....
Hi MaryAnn and Scott,
This is too funny but I have yet to be a blogger. This is an all time first for me and it is your blog that caught my eye.
I know I am not talking bout ER and/or the other shows on TV ...or going off the air, but hey today I blogged....and that counts for something! Uncle Z
If you had cried...you would not have lived it down. At least from Scott's family. Ask Sandy. But, yeah, I gave it up long ago and have no regrets!
I want you to post about your feelings on the current American Idol contestants. :)
Post a Comment