Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I CAN'T BELIEVE I AM DOING THIS

For some time now I have been trying to think of something to blog about. My sister Diana has blogged a few times about The Biggest Loser. I figured I could blog about the one reality show I follow, American Idol. However my nature is to not let anyone know that I am interested in something, and that only intensifies if there are many others who are interested. I actually try to avoid things that are popular. I usually am able to stay disinterested, Harry Potter and AI are two examples where I haven't been able to avoid that which is popular. Anyway desperation has driven me to give a run down on my opinion of the current AI contestants.

I will start with the apparent front runner Adam. I think he is a very talented singer but I can't really get behind him. His flamboyantly gay persona is a little too much for me. He isn't as bad as some, but this no reason to give him a pass. I also think he changes songs too much from the original. That week the he sang Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire is the best example. It was the worst thing I have ever heard on the show and any chance of me being okay with Adam died then. For those of you that didn't catch that I am sure you can find it on youtube.

Next let's talk about Matt. I have never really loved anything he has done, but he is okay. However the first week he was in the bottom three I noticed this distracting growth on his forehead. I am not sure if it is a mole or something else, but honestly I can't stand to look at the guy. Enough said.

I guess I will move on to Lil. She has been bad for weeks now, I think she will be the next one to be voted off. I don't usually care for the divas anyway, but she is a poor version of the big voice divas of past seasons. Currently she and Matt are the two that must go.

Anoop has a great voice and can really sing a ballad beautifully. He hasn't shown an ability to do much else. I am mostly indifferent about him, but in the long run he is too geeky to last. If he were to win it would almost the same as when Taylor Hicks won. Anoop however is night and day better than Taylor.

Kris I think will be in until close to the end. He is not a lot better than some of those that have already left, but he has the 13 year old girl vote which counts for a lot (they are strong supporters of the show, what does that say about me I wonder). I liked him at first and I still think from time to time he is really good, but in the end there are two more that I prefer.

Danny has had a bad week or two, but his bad is better than most this year. He is really good and has a way of picking songs that can really show the best qualities in his voice. He is usually entertaining and well worth watching. I do have a problem with him, well I guess not him, but what the producers have done. Apparently he was married and his wife died, I am not sure how, but the producers have a need to constantly remind us of that. I am getting a little tired of it.

I have saved my favorite, Allison for last. AI usually seems to have a least one rocker each season. This year I think they have found one that has a chance to go somewhere. Every week I have enjoyed what she has done. She has a super powerful voice, and can handle big songs. She is a little quirky which I like. Last week the judges had issues with her clothes, and I agree they were nothing to get excited about. But what rocker wears anything the rest of the world likes? She has been in the bottom 3 twice already which I can't understand. I think I will quit on this season when she is eliminated.

One final note, the Paula Simon interaction is too much. I am super irritated by it. If the producers are promoting this they are stupid, if that in not the case please put Simon and Paula on opposite sides of the table.

Please don't judge me to harshly for posting such a long overview of AI. I am already considering deleting this in an effort to save face.

7 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I totally LOLed when I read the part about Matt and his mole! :) And you apparently (or occasionally) haven't noticed that they haven't mentioned Danny's deceased wife in months. Silly Scottie.

Sandy Brunson said...

Oh...I may just mock you a little. But it would be somewhat hypocritical. I had my days of really loving American Idol. Pretty funny though...

Julie Baldwin said...

Adam is so weird he gives me nightmares. But yet we still watch to see what psycho thing he'll do next. I think anyone who saw the Ring of Fire week was scarred for life!

To be honest...I don't really like anyone as much as the two Davids from last season.

But Devin is way excited to see tomorrow nights guest. He just loves Miley Cyrus :)

db said...

Yeah, and what about the caterpillars running around on Anoop's face?

I tell you, he's got to be voted off!

Julie Baldwin said...

Devin doesn't like Miley Cyrus. But I think he would rather watch her than Michael Jackson any day.

db said...

So I have to tell you a story.

When Julie and I were dating, we went to the movies. A BEDWETTING commercial came up on the screen. I can't fully recollect what she said, but it was very loud and very embarrassing.

I whispered into her ear as kindly as I could, "Inner monologue, Julie, Inner monologue."

I'm not whispering it this time. Inner monologue, Julie. Inner monologue!

scott said...

I was going to mention something about this season being much less interesting than last season, but it was already too long. The two Davids were much better and more fun to watch than anyone this season.