Enjoy the pics...
We drove with Jana down to St. George after my work on Thursday evening. We got there super late, so we didn't see my nieces and nephews until the next morning. Hannah was still sleeping when Mikayla left for school.
Kyler was our total lifesaver--keeping Maelie entertained and Puffs-fed while we navigated through rush hour traffic in Phoenix. Remind me NEVER to take the 60 again!
We finally made it to Mesa/Tempe and had dinner at fabulous Oreganos. Hannah and Katelyn enjoyed kneading and cutting their pizza dough.
Melissa, Kyler, Rylan, and his Minecraft pig. Oink.
Jana and Scott and the pig. Too bad I didn't get any pics of the pizza cookies we had. Delicious!
I LOVED that it was warm enough to put Maelie in a Summer romper.
After dinner we checked into our hotel and took a swim.
Hannah and Katelyn. BFF's.
This was Maelie's first swim ever. She wasn't a fan. I'm hoping she'll like it better in the daylight this Summer.
Jana and Melus just kickin' it.
After a super long night of Hannah coughing and having her first ever night terrors, we had breakfast at the hotel. Then the kids went swimming again (minus Maelie, who was napping), and we finally made it to the new Cubs Park after getting lost. Good, good times.
We did make it to the game in time for the first pitch.
It's an awesome ball field, full of Cubbies quaintness. And we even had seats in the shade. So nice! I must be getting old. Or I just have small children. :)
The whole gang--Rylan, Melissa, Katelyn, Hannah, Scott, Maelie, Kyler, and Jana.
Couple of cutie pies!
Scott enjoyed his brat. I scarfed my Chicago dog before I could even think of taking a pic.
Maelie's 1st Cubs game!
What an adorable little Cubs fan! Her binkie finally fit in, and she got several compliments. :)
Mexican food at the ballpark. Reminds me of my friend's mom. ;)
Fun replica of the classic marquee at Wrigley Field. Awesome!
Even though Hannah was super tired, she was pretty good at the game. However, at the end of happily singing Take Me Out to the Ballgame, she burst into tears. Too loud for my sensitive girl. I'm pretty sure that Hannah's favorite part of the game was the yummy Italian ice. We got it twice!
Kyler and his popcorn. I wish a foul ball would have come to him. He was ready!
Proof that I was on the trip.
Cute cousins!
Aunt Jana Banana!
Right after the game we drove to Vegas to stay with Scott's sister MaryAnn (too bad I didn't get any pics of them), and my sisters and niece and nephews stayed with my aunt and uncle. After the first hour of church, we ate lunch and then caravanned back to St. George.
We got to hang out with cute Mikayla for awhile, and so she posed for us in her dance costumes. We got home pretty late Sunday night, thanks to some minor car problems. Boy, were we exhausted! But girl, did we have fun!!!
Go Cubs! (Just kidding--I don't really care if they stink. I can't handle any more high expectations and huge disappointments. Bless their hearts, those stinkin' Cubs.)
**P.S. We sure missed seeing my friends Jodi and Melanie (and their families) at Spring Training this year! Next year (or sooner, Melanie) for sure!!!
**P.P.S The Cubs lost, of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment